IRC office hours/Office hours 2012-06-07

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

[20:49] <mabdul> Ironholds: do i calculated it correct: I have to hurry to get my ice cream before the start?
[20:49] <Ironholds> mabdul: you've got 11 minutes :)
[20:49] <mabdul> heh, maybe 5 min then too late? ;)
[20:49] <mabdul> cya
[20:49] <Fluffernutter> are we officing? what's the topic?
[20:50] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: look at the topic ;p
[20:51] <Fluffernutter> topic, schmopic. My stategy is to never leave, and thus never have to see a topic :P
[20:51] <Fluffernutter> also makes it look as if i care
[20:52] <Ironholds> people from Jersey are genetically incapable of anything more than sneering condescension; well known fact.
[20:52] <Fluffernutter> is true
[20:52] <Ironholds> also they have poor tolerances for vat-pickled cherries
[20:52] <Ironholds> anyway; it's the article feedback tool
[20:53] * heatherw_ (~hwalls@216.38.130.167) has joined #wikimedia-office
[20:53] * heatherw_ (~hwalls@216.38.130.167) Quit (Changing host)
[20:53] * heatherw_ (~hwalls@wikimedia/heatherawalls) has joined #wikimedia-office
[20:55] * fabriceflorin_ (~fabricefl@216.38.130.167) has joined #wikimedia-office
[20:55] * heatherw (~hwalls@wikimedia/heatherawalls) Quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
[20:55] * heatherw_ is now known as heatherw
[20:57] * fabriceflorin (~fabricefl@216.38.130.165) Quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
[20:57] * fabriceflorin_ is now known as fabriceflorin
[20:57] * DarTar (~DarTar@wikimedia/DarTar) has joined #wikimedia-office
[20:58] <fabriceflorin> Hello Fluffernutter, nice to see you again!
[21:00] * chrismcmahon (~chrismcma@wikimedia/Cmmcmahon) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:00] * chrismcmahon (~chrismcma@wikimedia/Cmmcmahon) Quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[21:01] <Ironholds> we have Fluffernutter and mabdul; anyone else around for the AFT office hours session?
[21:01] <fabriceflorin> Hi Fluffernutter and mabdul, thanks for joining our chat about
[21:02] <fabriceflorin> …. about the Article Feedback Tool, that is.
[21:02] * chrismcmahon (~chrismcma@wikimedia/Cmmcmahon) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:02] <fabriceflorin> Is anyone else interested in joining this chat? We'll be sharing new designs and features shortly.
[21:02] <Ironholds> sorry for my quietness, guys; there was a minor kerfuffle I had to resolve
[21:04] <Ironholds> sorry, mlitn, your exposure will have to wait :)
[21:04] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: you died over there? ;p
[21:04] <Fluffernutter> just off poking at ANI drama
[21:04] <Ironholds> ahh, that explains it
[21:04] <Fluffernutter> i'm here now
[21:04] <Ironholds> alright; Fluffernutter, mabdul: have you seen the centralised feedback page? :)
[21:05] <Fluffernutter> I...don't think so?
[21:05] <Fluffernutter> there's so many new tools floating around that i have trouble keeping their names straight
[21:05] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5 :)
[21:05] <fabriceflorin> The new central feedback page lets you see all the posts from across the encyclopedia.
[21:06] <Fluffernutter> ooh, nice
[21:06] <Fluffernutter> that's conveient for my purposes
[21:06] <fabriceflorin> Glad you like it, Fluffernutter -- we created this in part based on requests from folks like you.
[21:07] <Ironholds> indeed!
[21:07] <Ironholds> we see its primary task as being things like triaging, oversight, etc
[21:07] <Ironholds> as opposed to 3.9 million individual pages
[21:07] <Ironholds> which would be...I believe the word is "a pain in the neck" ;p
[21:07] <Fluffernutter> remind me, guys - do we hide (not oversight) feedback that's just disruptive? such as the very enlightining "your mom's titty nipples" a few lines down on the page currently?
[21:07] <fabriceflorin> This central feedback page displays all of the feedback for all of the articles in our test sample -- and soon all of Wikipedia. This central page can be used for general-purpose patrolling, to deal with both inappropriate posts that need hiding, and useful ones that should be brought to the attention of article writers.
[21:07] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: yes, that'd be hidden :)
[21:08] <Ironholds> and thank you for making me laugh in a professional skype call
[21:08] <Fluffernutter> hee
[21:08] <chrismcmahon> is this the right time to talk about filters?
[21:08] <Ironholds> and thank you for making fabrice read out "your mom's titty nipples" in his northern accent
[21:08] <Ironholds> causing me to laugh again
[21:08] * Fluffernutter wants a recording of that!
[21:08] <Ironholds> it's like hearing the pope curse
[21:08] <Ironholds> except, y'know. Not in german.
[21:08] <Ironholds> ANYWAY.
[21:08] <RoanKattouw> Ironholds: How is Fabrice's accent "Northern"?
[21:09] <Ironholds> RoanKattouw: north-eastern. He doesn't sound profoundly bored by everything, which seems to be a NoCal staple (at least to my heathen ears)
[21:09] <Ironholds> but this is probably a debate for another time :)
[21:09] <fabriceflorin> Sure, chrismcmahon, let's talk about filters. You can pick which posts to view on the feedback page through different filters (e.g.: “Most Relevant” or “All Comments”). Simply select the filter of your choice in the top tool bar above the feedback list.
[21:10] <fabriceflorin> “Most Relevant” includes only feedback that has been marked as helpful (or that has been featured by an editor) -- and excludes posts that have been flagged as abuse (or hidden by an editor). “All Comments” shows all feedback posts with a comment it is most useful for patrolling to eliminate inappropriate and highlight useful feedback.
[21:10] <RoanKattouw> Ironholds: Ah, yes, makes sense
[21:10] <fabriceflorin> I am quoting here from our new editor FAQ, which Oliver will share with you now.
[21:10] <Ironholds> nice segue!
[21:10] <Ironholds> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_Feedback/Help/Editors - this is the new sort of general-purpose FAQ
[21:10] * Thehelpfulone waves late
[21:10] <Ironholds> there will be specific (and slightly altered) ones for oversighters and monitors
[21:11] * Fluffernutter docks Thehelpfulone's pay
[21:11] * StevenW (~textual@wikimedia/steven-walling) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:11] <chrismcmahon> we are all about the show business here
[21:11] <Ironholds> what we'd like to know is; is there anything NOT in there you think should be?
[21:11] <fabriceflorin> Hello Thehelpfulone, glad to reconnect with you!
[21:11] * Thehelpfulone increases Fluffernutter's oversight workload
[21:11] <Fluffernutter> nooo
[21:11] <Thehelpfulone> hi fabriceflorin :)
[21:11] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: hey! chrismcmahon, this is the guy who managed to find 16 NPT bugs in 40 minutes
[21:11] <Ironholds> including one Kaldari only worked out the source of 2-3 days ago
[21:11] <Thehelpfulone> heh :D
[21:11] <Ironholds> you should thank him :P
[21:12] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter/ Thehelpfulone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Article_Feedback/Help/Editors; what's missing? :)
[21:12] <chrismcmahon> thanks Thehelpfulone!! we see each other around IRC a lot right now
[21:12] <Thehelpfulone> hi chrismcmahon, yes but it seems you always have a flaky connection!
[21:12] * tewwy (~tychay@216.38.130.167) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:12] * tewwy (~tychay@216.38.130.167) Quit (Changing host)
[21:12] * tewwy (~tychay@wikimedia/Tychay) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:12] <Thehelpfulone> hmm
[21:13] <Thehelpfulone> so I requested oversight
[21:13] <Thehelpfulone> I hit learn more
[21:13] <Fluffernutter> Ironholds: this may not actually be a FAQ, but the one that occurred to my strange brain is "how do I un-flag something that someone flagged as abuse, if they're wrong"
[21:13] <Thehelpfulone> and nothing happens?
[21:13] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: good question!
[21:13] <Ironholds> Answer; you can't. However, if it reaches the stage where it gets hidden, unhiding it voids the abuse flags
[21:13] <Ironholds> but I'll make a note to include that as a hypothetical
[21:13] <Fluffernutter> (lso it would be nice if i could sort flagged posts by number of flags)
[21:14] <fabriceflorin> I'm afraid you cannot 'unflag' someone else's flag, Fluffernutter, but you can mark the feedback as helpful, or feature the post to offset the negative impact of that flag.
[21:14] <Thehelpfulone> as an OS does Fluffernutter have a different interface to me Ironholds?
[21:14] <Fluffernutter> i think only slightly, Thehelpfulone
[21:14] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: only insofar as she has "oversight" instead of "request oversight"
[21:14] <Ironholds> and can see a couple of extra filters
[21:14] <Fluffernutter> I see a shield and an "oversight" button
[21:14] <Thehelpfulone> I see an "unrequest oversight" - but I thought it all went to the mailing list?
[21:14] <Ironholds> I think that's the only real difference
[21:14] <Thehelpfulone> OTRS*
[21:14] <fabriceflorin> If you click on 'Details', you can see more info about the post, including its relevance score, which is used to sort posts by relevance.
[21:15] <Fluffernutter> nothing's come to the mailing list from you in the last couple minutes, btw
[21:15] <Fluffernutter> so maybe you clicked wrong?
[21:15] <Thehelpfulone> I hit the oversight button, maybe it's not turned on yet?
[21:15] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: it is turned on. It may just be slow :)
[21:15] <fabriceflorin> If you are a monitor, you can unrequest oversight. It takes it off the 'oversight requested' list, Thehelpfulone
[21:16] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: oversight emails should come from "the Wikimedia team" or something
[21:16] <fabriceflorin> Are you guys finding the central feedback page easy to use? What do you like or not like about it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5
[21:16] <Ironholds> rather than individual users
[21:16] <Thehelpfulone> and is a monitor a new user group fabriceflorin or part of admins/reviewers?
[21:16] <Thehelpfulone> are emails sent instantly or every, 15 minutes for example?
[21:16] <Fluffernutter> Ironholds: to rephrase - no new tickets in the past couple of minutes, period. Maybe it's working its way through the electrons?
[21:16] <Thehelpfulone> fabriceflorin: yep, I'm giving my comments from that page
[21:16] <Ironholds> possible! Let us know if it doesn't turn up in like, 10 minutes
[21:16] <Ironholds> I'll kick people
[21:16] <fabriceflorin> Thehelpfulone: Monitors is a catch-all term that includes roll backers, reviewers, admins -- and oversighters.
[21:16] <Ironholds> or email them asking them nicely to do it. This seems more likely
[21:17] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: it's a new set of userrights, added to the admin, reviewer and rollbacker usergroups
[21:17] <Ironholds> oversighters are always admins, so it's not part of that bundle :)
[21:17] <Ironholds> (as far as I know)
[21:17] * Ironholds goes to check
[21:17] <Fluffernutter> we once had an AUSC person with OS permissions who wasn't an admin
[21:17] <Ironholds> huh, no, it's part of that group too
[21:17] <Fluffernutter> for like a few weeks, before he did an RFA or something
[21:17] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: yeah, Bahamut0013
[21:17] <Thehelpfulone> Ironholds: that can change in the new CU/OS elections
[21:17] <Ironholds> rest in peace
[21:18] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: indeed. Looks like it is in the usergroup; problem solved :)
[21:18] <fabriceflorin> Thanks, Thehelpfulone ! Everyone: it would be great if you could fill in our short survey about the feedback form, at the end of this session: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/aft5-5
[21:18] <Thehelpfulone> fabriceflorin: ok thanks for the clarification
[21:18] <fabriceflorin> … like this we can capture all your recommendations all in one place.
[21:18] <Thehelpfulone> so question about the email - when does it get sent? the OS one I mean?
[21:19] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: it SHOULD be queued to send as soon as there is space; this is a RoanKattouw question :)
[21:19] <Fluffernutter> hm, still no ticket, but i can get to the one Thehelpfulone flagged through the filters
[21:19] <Fluffernutter> that's nice, at least
[21:19] <Thehelpfulone> yeah I can see that too though hmm
[21:19] <Thehelpfulone> that "oversight requested" filter - who can see that?
[21:19] <fabriceflorin> Thehelpfulone: When you request oversight, an email is automatically sent to oversighters, with a link to the offending post.
[21:19] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: should just be oversighters
[21:19] <Thehelpfulone> Ironholds: I can see it, I'm not an oversighter
[21:20] <Ironholds> oh dear.
[21:20] <Thehelpfulone> fabriceflorin: instantly? in 15 minutes? as a batch of lots of links or individual pages?
[21:21] <Fluffernutter> Ironholds: viewing that filter, a tiny feature that would be nice would be the ability to uncollapse *and then recollapse* items in the OS queue - there's information in the collapses version that's not in the uncollapsed version, as far as time and requestor
[21:21] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: good point. I actually asked for that info in a bugzilla bug (I think?); I'll include your suggestion in case it's more workable than building those things in
[21:21] <fabriceflorin> Thehelpfulone: I think right now, we are still allowing folks to see oversight requests even if they are monitors. It turned out that it would be really hard to prevent them from doing this, from a technical standpoint, so after consutation with legal, we decided to hold off on this feature. Most of the oversight requests we've seen so far have not been very serious.
[21:22] <Thehelpfulone> none of the "learn more" links appear to work Ironholds?
[21:22] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: ooh dear. hang on.
[21:22] <chrismcmahon> funny, they did yesterday
[21:22] * chrismcmahon checks
[21:22] <Fluffernutter> none of the OS requests in the queue right now appear to actually qualify for OS l)
[21:22] <Ironholds> wait, hang on
[21:22] <Fluffernutter> ;)
[21:22] <Ironholds> learn more?
[21:22] <fabriceflorin> Thehelpfulone: Yes, it's a known bug. We're working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
[21:22] <Thehelpfulone> no problem
[21:22] <Thehelpfulone> Ironholds: when I do request oversight or unhide etc
[21:23] <Thehelpfulone> also, where are all these actions logged?
[21:23] <Thehelpfulone> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/Thehelpfulone is empty, as are my contributions
[21:23] * omtsh (~Orash@wikimedia/Orashmatash) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
[21:23] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: this is why you are my favorite
[21:23] <Thehelpfulone> heh
[21:24] <Ironholds> and those actions should be in the revdel and oversight logs, specifically
[21:24] <fabriceflorin> Thehelpfulone: Once we fix the general issue with Learn more, we should be able to restore these links. Sorry about that.
[21:24] <Thehelpfulone> fabriceflorin: no problem
[21:24] <Ironholds> we decided that going "OHAI GUYZ WE R WANTING TO OVERSIGHT THEEZ" was kind of defeating the point of oversight
[21:25] <Thehelpfulone> Feature/Resolve feedback (aftv5-feature-feedback) - that's part of rollbackers, admins, oversighters but not reviewers?
[21:25] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: it's wha-ohdear.
[21:26] <Thehelpfulone> oh I see why - it's inherited by default to all Feature/Resolve feedback (aftv5-feature-feedback) -- autoconfirmed users
[21:26] <Thehelpfulone> do we want every autoconfirmed user to be able to feature and resolve feedback?
[21:26] <fabriceflorin> This week, we are testing a new feedback form that progressively reveals its contents (Option 6). If you would like to test this, start by posting feedback on this page, using the new feedback form:
[21:26] <fabriceflorin> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden-crowned_Sparrow?aftv5_form=6
[21:26] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: the alternative is starting a whole new usergroup :S
[21:27] <Ironholds> obviously rollbackers: not the best people, necessarily, to maintain content
[21:27] <Ironholds> insofar as there are a whole lot of people who maintain content and aren't rollbackers
[21:27] <Thehelpfulone> Ironholds: I mean we could throw it into reviewers
[21:27] <fabriceflorin> The new feedback form is at the bottom of the page, and starts with just a question, to make it more compact. Then when you answer 'Yes' or 'No', it shows a comments box.
[21:27] <Thehelpfulone> fabriceflorin: if I hide a post, where can I see the hide reason?
[21:28] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: but reviewers, again - tiny usergroup
[21:28] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: "view activity" :)
[21:28] <Ironholds> (should be, anyway)
[21:28] <fabriceflorin> This is different from the previous feedback form (Option 1), which had both the question and the comments box in a single form: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden-crowned_Sparrow?aftv5_form=1
[21:28] <Thehelpfulone> that page took a while to load fabriceflorin
[21:29] <fabriceflorin> Thehelpfulone:The reason for hiding is shown in the 'View activity' tool on the right side of the feedback page.
[21:29] <Thehelpfulone> hmm, Ironholds ok, so I go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5# -- filter for Hidden and then it's on sort by newest by default
[21:29] <Thehelpfulone> This post #122,570 was hidden by Thehelpfulone 2 minutes ago.View contents is 7th down
[21:29] <Thehelpfulone> whilst This post #123,334 was hidden by Fluffernutter 9 minutes ago.View contents is the 1st one
[21:29] <Thehelpfulone> so it's being ordered on when the feedback was said, not when it was hidden
[21:30] <Thehelpfulone> in the "view activity" all I see is 3 actions on this post
[21:30] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: I'll look into that :)
[21:30] <Thehelpfulone> ok
[21:30] * Oklahoma (~cheese@unaffiliated/hf24) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:30] <Ironholds> and I'm seeing that too. grar.
[21:31] <Thehelpfulone> hmm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5/G%C3%A9za_G%C3%A1rdonyi/122570
[21:31] <Thehelpfulone> Article Feedback page not enabled for this article.
[21:31] <fabriceflorin> HI, Thehelpfulone: we are now giving you 3 different ways to sort: by post creation date, by relevance and by helpfulness.
[21:31] <Thehelpfulone> so it's post creation not when it was hidden
[21:31] <Oklahoma> fabriceflorin: a q; AFT5 is appearing on userpages on both http and https.
[21:32] * wing2 (~Wing2@wikimedia/wing) Quit (Quit: Nettalk6 - www.ntalk.de)
[21:32] <Oklahoma> is this deliberate? because after all it's *article* feedback, not *page* feedback...
[21:32] <Ironholds> Oklahoma: that's a known bug :)
[21:32] <Thehelpfulone> hmm again on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5/Walther_Model_9/123426 -- this is from clicking "details" on a post on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5#
[21:32] <Oklahoma> k, thanks mr. keyes
[21:32] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: I'll throw it out at the devs. What OS/skin are you using?
[21:32] <chrismcmahon> Oklahoma: it is an artifact of caching on the servers, and should be declining in the rate of occurrence
[21:33] <Oklahoma> k
[21:33] <Fluffernutter> incidentally, Ironholds/fabriceflorin: still no OS ticket from Thehelpfulone's request
[21:33] <Thehelpfulone> Ironholds: Windows 7 and Vector
[21:33] <mlitn> Thehelpfulone: aftv5 is not enabled on that pages, but feedback was given because, by the bug Ironholds just mentionned, someone got to see the feedback form
[21:33] <chrismcmahon> what mlitn said
[21:33] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: I'll throw it through, if Thehelpfulone can give me the post URL :)
[21:33] <Oklahoma> incidentally, upon submitting aft5 on userpages, I receive some sort of error message - but I haven't copied/pasted it, so...
[21:34] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: hmn, okay. I've screenshotted it on my machine and will throw it at people
[21:34] <Oklahoma> (I've been blocked but the autoblock's been long-expired)
[21:34] <fabriceflorin> Oklahoma: For now, AFT is only available on a small percentage of the English Wikipedia, while we complete development and testing. Until the new version is released, an older version of the feedback tool (AFT4) is shown on most other Wikipedia articles, inviting people to rate the quality of articles -- without comments.
[21:34] <Thehelpfulone> mlitn: ok
[21:34] <Oklahoma> It's the same for articles...
[21:34] <Fluffernutter> I think i already actioned the request (which was a placeholder, not a really-necessary request, right Thehelpfulone?)
[21:34] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: sure, but I want to be able to go "THIS DIDN'T WORK" *point* "SOLVE"
[21:34] <Thehelpfulone> Fluffernutter: yes
[21:34] <Ironholds> and it may be helpful to know what precisely was meant to be sent out
[21:34] <Ironholds> (and when)
[21:34] * StevenW (~textual@wikimedia/steven-walling) Quit (Quit: Computer has gone to sleep.)
[21:35] <fabriceflorin> Here are some test sample where you can post feedback during our development phase: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Article_Feedback_5_Additional_Articles
[21:36] * DarTar (~DarTar@wikimedia/DarTar) Quit (Quit: DarTar)
[21:36] <Thehelpfulone> Ironholds, fabriceflorin http://i.imgur.com/uk5IR.png
[21:36] <Thehelpfulone> I don't see the contents of the log actions
[21:36] <Thehelpfulone> just "2 actions on this post"
[21:37] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: much obliged :). Screenshotted on my end, too
[21:37] <Thehelpfulone> np
[21:37] <Ironholds> do you know which post you requested oversight on, so I can fling that at em too?
[21:37] <fabriceflorin> What do you guys think of the new 'progressive reveal' feedback form?
[21:37] <fabriceflorin> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden-crowned_Sparrow?aftv5_form=6
[21:37] <fabriceflorin> Is it better or worse than the original feedback form?
[21:38] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: see, I was telling chrismcmahon the other day about this awesome group of NPT people who found a load of bugs. Thank you for proving my point right in front of him ;)
[21:38] <fabriceflorin> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden-crowned_Sparrow?aftv5_form=1
[21:38] * brassratgirl (~phoebe@n06615.stfph.lib.ucdavis.edu) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:38] <Ironholds> hey brassratgirl :)
[21:38] <Thehelpfulone> fabriceflorin: initial load was quite a while for me, not sure if that's something to do with my internet
[21:38] <Thehelpfulone> Ironholds: any time ;)
[21:38] <Oklahoma> progressive reveal ("6") is definitely easier. I prefer step-by-step than craploads of stuff
[21:38] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: it's normally fairly reasonable from me, and I'm in bugfuck, UK; is it a load or a render issue?
[21:39] <fabriceflorin> Thehelpfulone: Thanks, good to know you had a wait issue on Option 6 -- was Option 1 faster for you?
[21:39] * brassratgirl (~phoebe@n06615.stfph.lib.ucdavis.edu) Quit (Changing host)
[21:39] * brassratgirl (~phoebe@wikimedia/brassratgirl) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:39] <Thehelpfulone> Ironholds: after the initial load it works fast and well
[21:39] <chrismcmahon> :-) SMEs find the best bugs.
[21:39] <Ironholds> chrismcmahon: SME?
[21:39] <fabriceflorin> Thanks, Oklahoma, glad this works for you.
[21:39] <Thehelpfulone> option 1 works faster fabriceflorin, but now refreshing option6 works fine
[21:39] <Thehelpfulone> and I like option 6 too
[21:39] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: hmn. Okay, I'll see if it turns into a wider problem; sort of a social "down for everyone or just me" :)
[21:39] <Thehelpfulone> it makes it easier for people to give feedback
[21:40] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone, Oklahoma, Fluffernutter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:San_Francisco
[21:40] <Ironholds> spot the link :)
[21:40] <Ironholds> (seriously, see if you can spot it. I want to know if it's somehow non-obvious)
[21:40] <Oklahoma> ur corner
[21:40] <Oklahoma> upper-right
[21:40] <Thehelpfulone> so, what does Delete feedback (aftv5-delete-feedback) do?
[21:40] <Oklahoma> very non-obvious for the non-experienced though
[21:40] <chrismcmahon> Thehelpfulone: sounds like some sort of error serving javascript the first time, hmm.
[21:41] <Thehelpfulone> Oklahoma: I didn't notice that until I read it here
[21:41] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: that's oversight
[21:41] <fabriceflorin> Thehelpfulone: Cool, glad Option 6 works better for you too.
[21:41] <Thehelpfulone> chrismcmahon: yeah, the whole page took a few seconds to load properly
[21:41] <Oklahoma> very hard to find.
[21:41] * Fluffernutter sees no link at all in a quick skim, Ironholds (vector)
[21:41] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: top-right corner?
[21:42] <Oklahoma> above the page-title line.
[21:42] <Ironholds> but in essence; it's not prominent enough?
[21:42] <Thehelpfulone> Ironholds: but does it work? if something is oversighted and I refresh the page does ti disappear? if I go directly do it will I get a permissions error?
[21:42] <Fluffernutter> mmm...no?
[21:42] <Oklahoma> definitely not prominent enough.
[21:42] <Thehelpfulone> nope, not prominent enough at all
[21:42] <Oklahoma> imgur it, brb
[21:42] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: you should
[21:42] <Thehelpfulone> Fluffernutter: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5/Barack_Obama/83520
[21:42] <Thehelpfulone> oversight that please for testing purposes
[21:43] <Thehelpfulone> what is the "auto-hidden" feature?
[21:43] <Thehelpfulone> Auto-hidden by Aft5hide 2 months ago
[21:43] <Oklahoma> http://i.imgur.com/GZreD.png
[21:43] <fabriceflorin> Fluffernutter, Thehelpfulone: Sorry you couldn't see the feedback page link on the talk page. Would it be OK if we made it more prominent for editors? Like using a graphic button instead of a small text link?
[21:43] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: I've oversighted it; test now
[21:43] <Ironholds> and auto-hiding; when something gets more than 5 "mark as abuse" hits, it's automatically hidden
[21:43] <Thehelpfulone> I can still see it Ironholds
[21:43] <Oklahoma> i remember finding a bug in the moodbar a while ago
[21:43] <Fluffernutter> No, i 100% do not have that link on my view of Talk:SF
[21:43] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: F5, then screenshot?
[21:43] <Oklahoma> can it be un-OS'd, thx?
[21:44] <Thehelpfulone> ah there we go, works now
[21:44] <Fluffernutter> Thehelpfulone: clicking the "oversight button" and nothing seems ot be happening...
[21:44] <Thehelpfulone> it shouldn't have a "view contents" link that doesn't work though
[21:44] <Oklahoma> since "suppressed comments" still showed in the log...
[21:44] <fabriceflorin> Oklahoma: glad you found the link to the feedback page. What do you think of making it a bit more prominent, for other folks that might not have caught it?
[21:44] <Oklahoma> definitely.
[21:44] <Oklahoma> it's basically an "ignore me" sign.
[21:45] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: yeah
[21:45] <Ironholds> and you're on vector?
[21:45] <Fluffernutter> Oklahoma, Ironholds: http://screencast.com/t/dmWyWjJZHeip is what i see
[21:45] <Thehelpfulone> yes
[21:45] <Thehelpfulone> Fluffernutter: hmm
[21:46] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: bug reported :)
[21:46] <Thehelpfulone> thanks
[21:46] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter; have you got any weird gadgets or css?
[21:46] <Oklahoma> i think it may be the [edit] on &section=0 on &action=edit
[21:46] <Oklahoma> it's in the gadgets
[21:46] <Oklahoma> might override it...?
[21:46] <Fluffernutter> Ironholds: yeah, i have some scripts, see my vector.jss
[21:46] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: cool, hang on
[21:47] <fabriceflorin> Fluffernutter: what browser and operating system are you using?
[21:48] <Thehelpfulone> hmm can we have default reasons for hiding posts? or is going to be you can hide without giving reasons most of the time
[21:48] <Fluffernutter> Firefox 13 on windows XP, Ironholds
[21:49] * mindspillage (~kat@wikimedia/KatWalsh/x-0001) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:49] <fabriceflorin> Fluffernutter: That may explain the issue. We do not show the talk page link unless you have a supported browser, and we only support about 5 popular browsers during this feature development phase. Once features are frozen at the end of the month, we will start supporting a lot more browsers and platforms.
[21:49] <Fluffernutter> Ironholds: also, just now got two copies of Thehelpfulone's OS ticket
[21:49] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: ta
[21:49] <Ironholds> TWO copies? huh
[21:49] <fabriceflorin> Sorry about that. :(
[21:49] <chrismcmahon> fabriceflorin: FF13 should be on our list I think
[21:49] <Thehelpfulone> I might have sent it twice, not sure about that
[21:49] <Ironholds> Thehelpfulone: ahh
[21:49] <Thehelpfulone> was it requested time Fluffernutter?
[21:50] <Thehelpfulone> at the same time*
[21:50] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: well, let me know if it turns up as a problem with other tickets too :)
[21:50] * DarTar (~DarTar@wikimedia/DarTar) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:50] <Ironholds> chrismcmahon: in combo with XP?
[21:50] <Fluffernutter> ok yeah this confuses me Ironholds. When i click the "oversight' button after following the link in the ticket...nothing happens
[21:50] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: pass me the URL?
[21:50] <Fluffernutter> i've checked this in both FF13 and Chrome 20
[21:50] <Fluffernutter> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5/Barack_Obama/119139#
[21:51] <Oklahoma> hm, I'm on chrome 19 & it's fine
[21:51] <fabriceflorin> chrismcmahon: you are correct that we should be supporting FF13, but it's possible that WinXP may be supported differently. We'll have to ask the developers.
[21:51] <Oklahoma> Fluffy: o_o
[21:51] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: huh; works for me
[21:51] <Fluffernutter> Ironholds: possibly it's being OSed and I'm just not getting any sort of confirmation message?
[21:51] <Ironholds> looks like it's a compatibility issue
[21:51] <Ironholds> Fluffernutter: nope, not OSed, I OSed it with no problem
[21:51] <Fluffernutter> well that's a problem :(
[21:51] <Ironholds> (I have OS for these things. FEAR ME, FOR I SHALL HIDE YOUR DICK JOKES)
[21:52] <Oklahoma> AFT5 error on feedback page:
[21:52] <Oklahoma> PHP fatal error in /usr/local/apache/common-local/php-1.20wmf4/extensions/ArticleFeedbackv5/ArticleFeedbackv5.render.php line 452:
[21:52] <Oklahoma> Call to a member function exists() on a non-object
[21:52] <Ironholds> Oklahoma: email me the screenshot?
[21:52] <Oklahoma> I'm pretty sure it's because the feedback ID # was not on the page specified though
[21:53] <Oklahoma> brb
[21:53] <Oklahoma> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ArticleFeedbackv5/Susan_Foreman/123541
[21:54] <Oklahoma> "i was looking for porn" um wtf
[21:55] <Oklahoma> also
[21:56] <Oklahoma> I went to the https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/aft5-5 link and I saw at the bottom, "IShadowed" in a box. It disappeared when I hovered over it...
[21:56] * StevenW (~textual@216.38.130.165) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:56] * StevenW (~textual@216.38.130.165) Quit (Changing host)
[21:56] * StevenW (~textual@wikimedia/steven-walling) has joined #wikimedia-office
[21:56] <Ironholds> okay, we have to dash to another meeting, it looks like :(
[21:57] <Oklahoma> kthxbai ;-)
[21:57] <Ironholds> thanks to everyone for their feedback; Fluffernutter, Thehelpfulone, your bugs = going in teh boogzillas
[21:57] <fabriceflorin> Hi guys, I have to go to another meeting, but would like to thank everyone for your great suggestions and bug reports, which are always so useful to us!
[21:57] <Thehelpfulone> No problem, have fun - metrics 2.0? ;)
[21:57] * Oklahoma (~cheese@unaffiliated/hf24) Quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.88.2 [Firefox 9.0.1/20111220165912])
[21:58] <fabriceflorin> If you haven't already, please take a moment to let us know what you think of the feedback form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/aft5-5
[21:58] <fabriceflorin> It's very helpful to get everyone's comments from that survey all in one place.
[21:59] <fabriceflorin> Thehelpfulone: Always a pleasure. Yes, we are learning a lot from the last stage of metrics. Have you read our preliminary report?
Session Close: Thu Jun 07 21:59:30 2012