IGBO WIKI FAN CLUB UNI ZIK It is the first University fan club of the Igbo Wikimedia User group, it's a group of Wikimedians who devote considerable time and resources to ensure the promotion and progress of all IG Wikimedia projects in Nigeria. The group is currently aimed at promoting Wikimedia projects among students and staff through the execution of projects and training as a way of exposing the students to the movement. Igbo_Wikimedians_User_Group.The group is open to collaborations with other organisations and Usergroups to promote Wiki awareness and involvement in Nigeria. It is an open membership group available to all interested individuals at all levels.
The year 2021 saw a great turn out of numerous committed volunteers with active participation in different Wikimedia projects/challenges ranging from Wikipedia article translations, Wikidata/lexemes, wiki commons and Wiktionary etc. Oby Ezeilo thought about creating a platform that would be a viable root for these very committed volunteers which she achieved towards the end of the year 2021. This platform created by Oby has become a place where the progress minded individuals receive mentor-ship from her in collaboration with the Igbo_Wikimedians_User_Group.
Oby Ezeilo achieved this wonderful level of association and mentor-ship circle through follow-ups and proper guidance through a Whatsapp group [| Join the Whatsapp group]] that has now grown to a Telegram group
IGBO WIKI FAN CLUB Uni Zik is a group of Wikimedians who devote considerable time and resources to ensure the promotion and progress of all IG Wikimedia projects in Nigeria. The group is currently a very important Arm of the Igbo_Wikimedians_User_Group being The first fan club for the user group .The group is open to collaborations with other organisations and Usergroups to promote Wiki awareness and involvement in Nigeria. It is an open membership group available to all interested individuals at all levels.
- To create a platform where coordinated groups of devoted Wikimedians will receive proper mentor-ship for the continuous development of the WMF projects.
- To Facilitate the promotion and growth of all WMF projects in Igbo Language.
- Ig Wiki Fan Club Awka Trainings and Translation of Igbo People around the World. 6/02/2022-3/03/2022
- Translation of the Wiki interface edit-a-thon. 9/03/2022 – 2/04/2022
- The fan club worked on creating new words on the Igbo Wiktionary. April 15th-
This group plans to hold these activities:
- Training: the hub will organize in-person and online tutorials, edit-a-thons, and encourage participation in the Igbo Wikimedians User Group activities.
- Meet-ups: the hub will be organizing online and in-person meet-ups for its members to give room for exchange of ideas, challenges, recommendations, and feedback.
- Contest We will organize different contest
- Collaborations with other hubs, clubs, groups for projects
- Awards Awards will be given to the most outstanding contributor, editor, content creator
=Photo Gallery of Club participants during events at Uni Zik
IGBO WIKI FAN CLUB AWKA 1
IGBO WIKI FAN CLUB AWKA 2
IGBO WIKI FAN CLUB AWKA 3
IGBO WIKI FAN CLUB AWKA 4
IGBO WIKI FAN CLUB AWKA 4
IGBO WIKI FAN CLUB AWKA 7
Igbo Wiktionary Edit a Thon