CIS-A2K/Reports/Community Monthly Reports/Apr 2012
< CIS-A2K | Reports | Community Monthly Reports(Redirected from India Program/Reports/Community Monthly Reports/Apr 2012)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Plan - Apr 2012
- 2 Monthly Report - April 2012
- 2.1 Indic Languages
- 2.2 Supporting Outreach
- 2.3 Education
- 2.4 Communications
- 2.5 Community Support
Plan - Apr 2012
Please do add comments on the discussion page, or offlist to me (email@example.com)
- Indic Community Building
- We will continue our efforts to support local community building (across languages) with as many interested community members as we can effectively handle. This will primarily involve a combination of promoting collaboration (through Wikiprojects, for instance) as well as through helping grow communities by supporting community outreach efforts. Specifically in April, we foresee
- continuing to support Kannada to build momentum and participation on their translation enhancement project
- exploring the potential of offline for the Assamese community
- helping the Nepali community with planning for their 10th anniversary as well as their medicine project)
- leveraging the Crafts Museum GLAM opportunity to improve collaboration and communication within the existing Hindi community, and to introduce newbies to Hindi
- providing advisory services to Bengali & Telugu wikisources
- looking at building the medical projects in Bangla & Telugu
- providing back-end support to the Malayalam community conference, WikiSangamolsavam (as well as discussing other potential community collaboration initiatives)
- Supporting Outreach
- We will also continue to try and get as many more outreach sessions organised - but focus on Indic languages, medical outreach and interest groups (not necessarily colleges / universities). On Indic languages, we will start the process of translation of the Outreach Handbook to Indic languages.
- We will continue to fine-tune the Outreach Handbook and other outreach material - building on the feedback and responses we are getting.
- We had tried online outreach and our initial experience has indicated that we need to rework the initiative, which we will do but don't plan to have an online sessions in April.
- We will try to do a (first) round of analysis of newbie editing.
- Work with community members who have been involved in photothons or photo contests to build the Commons handbook which will document learnings, tips, best practices, etc. so that they can be shared with other community members.
- Staying-in-Touch with Newbies Post-Outreach
- We will try and stabilise the CRM package
- We will try and reach out to, ideally through the respective community members who conducted the various sessions, to as many of the participants of outreach sessions conducted since January - and will explore different messages to reach out with.
- We will continue the work on Wikipatrika as April is a crucial month for this initiative.
- We will publish at least 1 story on a topical community initiative
- We would like to discuss a draft of a social media pilot with the Odia community.
- We will start one pilot design on a blank slate, and facilitate the collaborative building of the pilot with interested community members. I think Digital Outreach might be an interesting candidate for this.
- Providing any support that might be required to the Malayalam community for the WikiSangamolsavam conference
- Initiative work to support the Assamese & Nepali communities for their upcoming 10th anniversaries (in June)
- We will work on and improve communication with Indic communities.
- Effective Program Design & Impact Assessment
- There are a number of initiatives that India Program is supporting community members with. We will document these in a formal program design framework that will capture the context, objectives, program components, learning points and measures of success. We have already started these for Basic Community Building, Storytelling & Wikipatrika.
- We will start populating the existing pilot designs with data and insights as and when they becomes available.
- Education Program
- This is a topic we are carrying forward from last month. We will suggest how we propose to work on IEP v2.0. Just to clarify, this will not be the actual model - but the process that could be used to design the model.
Monthly Report - April 2012
- Provided support for translated articles enhancement project and enabling transwiki export
- Supported Medicine project outreach, community translations, and the Wikipedia CD project
- Supporting with ideas for 10th anniversary
See Pilot Design: Basic Community Building
- Helping Odia community on the Medical Project
- Odia WP - Talked to Community members about scheduling SCB Medical College Outreach
- In talks regarding Edit-a-thon in Anugul
- Guided them to combine lists of articles related to Odisha and start a new project, WikiProject Odisha
- Started working on preparing list of contacts of Indic Wikipedians
- Supported Delhi University Hindi Wikipedia outreach and GLAM crafts museum
- Supported Wiki conference
- Support to enable sub pages in bn wikisource and to enable proof read extension in bn wikisource
- Worked on Commons outreach handbook
- Worked on train-the-trainer program design
- Documented outreach correspondence with all institutes
- Support outreach in Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam
- Work with Indic Wikipedians to translate outreach documents
- Exploratory discussions with community members and review of various talk pages, etc.
- Coordinated with previous and new coordinators to fill up different pages of the new issue
- Hope to publish it by May 10th
- Wikipatrika in progress
Storytelling for community building
- Gujarati WikiSource blog post
- Tamil Wiki Media contest blog post
- Blog Strategy for Storytelling program
Digital Outreach/Social media
- Initiated Digital Outreach plan via Facebook group
- Initiated Social Media pilot plan in Odia
- Supported Kannada Translation project with messages for social media
Media & PR
- Supported Malayalam community with press release draft in English, Malayalam and journalist contacts
- Started journalist database, including for Indic languages
- Initiated contacts with Indic journalists
- Supported Ahmedabad meetup with local press contacts
- Made brief digest to post on all village pumps
- Conducted 2 IRCs
- Mailed participants of outreach session conducted in Hindi at Delhi University
- Newbie support- Sent Emails and talk page messages to newbies (including those who had been contacted earlier and those who had not)
- Sorted emails for editors from India Education Program