- This page is last updated on 2009
This page is a descriptive article on the Indonesian Wikipedia, feel free to add any comment.
The Indonesian language Wikipedia started on May 30, 2003. Its first article was about Elektron.
Areas of strength
- Coverage of many places in Indonesia and a set example for the use of the Indonesian language.
- Has a good coverage of Indonesia's history or things that related to Indonesia.
Areas of weakness
- Too many stubs, especially with geographical articles.
- Some (many) articles are not referenced well.
What other prominent encyclopedias exist in this language (print, electronic, online)?
- Ensiklopedi Nasional Indonesia
- Ensiklopedi Islam
- Ensiklopedia Gereja
- Tokoh Indonesia (online)
What has its impact been?
What language features are challening?
What would surprise the outside reader about the community?
- Indonesian and Malay languages are very similar, and could likely be combined, but there has been resistance to this.
What are some unique practices/characteristics?
Who were the earliest participants, who started it?
- Parimita (created the very first article and the only contribution sofar)
- Vyasa (first user who wrote several entries)
- User:Yosri (a Malaysian user)
- User:Andre Engels (the first interwiki user)
- Revo (User:Meursault2004) (the first active user and first sysop)
Other prominent Wikipedians?