The InternetArchiveBot Management Interface allows you to configure InternetArchiveBot and control its operation on a wiki. You can also use the Management Interface to operate the bot on specific pages.
Logging in for the first time
- From the dropdown menu on the top-right side of the page, select your preferred wikis (e.g. English Wikipedia, Arabic Wikisource).
- Click “Not logged in” in the right-hand dropdown menu.
- Click “Login”.
- You will be redirected to your preferred wiki. This will allow you to log in to the bot with your wiki username and password. Log in with your wiki credentials.
- Once logged in, you will get a permission prompt. Click ALLOW.
- You will be redirected back to the IABOT tool to accept a Terms of Service. If you agree, click Accept to continue. If you choose to decline, you will be logged out.
- Once you accept the terms, you will be directed to your Account Preferences. Configure your account preferences to your liking, and click Save. Refer to Account Preferences for more information.
- You are now ready to use the tools offered on this interface.
Setting or changing account preferences
- To access your preferences, you first need to be logged in.
- If you are not in preferences, find your Username in the top right, and click the dropdown, then select Preferences.
- You will be taken to your account preferences. From there, you can configure an email, for email notifications, notification settings, UI themes, and wiki/language defaults.
Setting email preferences
Registering an email address will allow you to receive email notifications for activity in InternetArchiveBot. When registering an email address you are required to confirm it. You will not receive notifications until your email address is confirmed.
- Write your email address in the textbox and click save.
- Look in your email inbox for a confirmation link. Click the confirmation link while logged in to confirm your email. Once confirmed your preferences will note that your email address "is confirmed and active".
Setting a theme
You can change how the user interface looks. Under Theme, select any theme and watch the UI magically transform. If you like the theme you picked, click Save to apply it.
InternetArchiveBot supports many wikis and many languages and lets you set a default wiki and language that will apply on login. When picking a default wiki, when you log in to the interface without picking a particular wiki, you will automatically login to your default wiki. When you set a default language, the interface will continue to use that preferred language, even if you switch to a wiki that uses a different language.