LSS/foundation-l-archives/2009 June 1-15
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
- What is this? A summary of the topics discussed on the mailing list foundation-l, grouped roughly by topic & chronological thread.
- Time period: June 1-15, 2009
- NOTES: Each link is to the first post on that topic in the selected time period that was found. In the effort to group topics together, some threads are listed out of chronological order.
- If you want to know more please click the links to the list archives. Many discussions are very long and complex. Navigate to other posts in the threaded discussion by clicking "next" or "previous" in the archives (you must be viewing the archives in thread view for this to work). Note that sometimes threads jump around -- view the whole monthly archive by subject if you want to make sure to read every message on a topic.
- Important topics: Topics that generated a lot of discussion or that are especially important are bolded.
- Announcements: Topics that are official WMF board, staff or chapter announcements or reports are also underlined.
- P.S. list authors are not responsible for any clumsy summaries. Please edit if something is misrepresented. Suggestions? Comments? Please post at the LSS talk page.
- Announcements and reports
- Chapters and community
- One Wikipedia Per Person -- improving access to WP 
- summary of the One Wikipedia per Person thread on meta 
- Comparison of no.wp & major Norwegian encyclopedia in newspaper 
- better idea solicitation, strategic planning? 
- global BLP policy? 
- Commons Village pump discussion: governance of commons 
- Languages and localization
- Google Wave & Wikimedia, continued 
- Google analytics/doubleclick in a couple wikipedias 
- why don't we reencode proprietary formats as OGG? 
- UN announces largescale free online university 
- China requires censoring software on new PCs 
- Digital Open contest seeks participants 
- Britannica using Commons photos (without attribution) 
- Google's OGG support issues