Train the Trainer Program
MediaWiki Training (MWT) is a residential training workshop to groom technical leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members.
MediaWiki Training or MWTTT is a residential training program. The program attempts to groom technical leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members. The first iteration of MWTTT is being planned to be held in the last week of June 2015.
After regular communication, collaborative works and close engagement with the Wikimedia movement and the communities in India during the last two years CIS-A2K realized that there is an urgent need to build and nurture MediaWiki and technical talent hidden within editors of the language communities. CIS-A2K observed that many language communities require some specific technical support, which may not be of high priority at a global scale but crucial issues for that particular language community.
The program includes—
- MediaWiki - installation, analysis, understanding
- Working with Mediawiki internals
- Bot frameworks with an emphasis on pywikibot
- Bug triage, bug life cycle, raising a bug, fixing a bug
- Crisp talks on FOSS, Openness, Social Media, Copyright, Creative Commons.
Production sprints. Pre-event work to be done by each participant.
- Networking with tech Wikimedians from other Indian language communities.
Why is CIS-A2K conducting this Program?
CIS-A2K is conducting this training program to
- Create awareness about MediaWiki.
- Explore technicalities of Indic Language Wikis.
- Helping volunteers in creating bots.
- To create and grow tech leadership in Indic language communities.