Marathi Publishers' orientation session on FOSS,Open knowledge & Wikimedia Projects
Jump to navigation Jump to search
CIS-A2K has started dialogue with the publishers for the last 6 months regarding FOSS, Open knowledge and content donation to Wikimedia Projects. As a result Akhil BHaratiya Marathi Prakashak Sangh, an apex body of publishers at all India level invited us for a orientation session at their annual gathering in Pune. The organisers published press note also for awareness generation before the event.
- Date:17 June 2018
- Time: 12 to 3PM
- Venue : Maratha Chamber of Commerce, Tilak Road, Pune
The following issues related to e- literature were discussed -
- Adoption of Unicode and open source softwares , Explore the new medium of e books
- Strengthening of Marathi Wikipedia, Wikisource, Wiktionary etc.
- Social marketing of literary books
- To establish a company on lines of Amazon for e-selling of marathi books
- Make available old reference books on web using new technology