Marathi Wikipedia Workshop at MGM Trust's College of Journalism and Mass Communication, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
The Trust, Ajay kadam Mission,Aurangabad popularly known as MGM, was established in 1982. MGM is one of the few institutes in Maharashtra catering to the needs of Quality Higher Education by providing professional education, training and skill development to the youths of country.
The Trust is eager to implement innovative projects for the students. It has decided to integrate Wikimedia Projects and academic assignments for capacity building of students and faculty. To get the overall introduction of Wikimedia Projects and basic skills, this workshop was organised for faculty and selected students.
The goal of Wikipedia Workshop was to build resources on Marathi Wikipedia and equip its participants with the process of contributing to Wikipedia, and to introduce it as a concept to them. Another focus of the workshop will be on integrating academic assignments with Wikimedia Projects.
- To introduce Wikipedia as an encyclopedia for research and a concept to new editors.
- To Promote Marathi Wikipedia Community & promote the use of regional languages in Wikipedia.
- To have an open interaction within the editors, existing as well as new.
- To spread the awareness of Wikipedia as a powerful tool.
- MGM Trust's College of Journalism and Mass Communication, Aurangabad
- The Centre for Internet & Society-Access to Knowledge Program
- Subodh Kulkarni, Program Associate - CIS-A2K
- Prof.Rekha Shelke
Date : 11th August 2017
Time : 12PM to 4PM
Place : Aurangabad,Maharashtra,India
Venue : MGM's College of Journalism & Mass Communication
Participants : 25
The workshop was aimed at introduction to Wikimedia Projects and creating/editing Wikipedia articles. Extensive discussion on integrating academic assignments with Wikimedia Projects was conducted to develop the theme and basic concepts. Participants were completely unaware about Marathi Wikipedia and editing. They were trained in basic editing skills and search for the concerned articles, categorisation and translation from other language wikipedias.
- रश्मी माने
- प्रदीप रामचंद्र क्षीरसागर
- गणेश ल. पिटेकर
- यादोराव पडोळे
- दीप जैस्वाल
- कृष्णा जाधव
- शिवानी जोशी
- कविता सोनी
- धनंजय लांबे
- रणधीर पाटील
- Neeta Deshmukh
- Abhilasha Agrawal
- ऋचा वझे
- आरत शामल जोशी
- शिवकुमार दिवाण
- विशाखा गारखेडकर
- अभिषेक भोसले
- Rupal Deshmukh
- हिमांशू देशमुख