Collecting Usernames and consent
- Secondary Records (Public Listings)
- Primary Collection - For primary (first-hand) collection of usernames it is important you requesting usernames through active consent
- Legalese – Three versions of the opt-in language – Long form, Medium Form, and Short Form.
- Opt-in required – Usernames suffice
- Opt-out later – Will be made available at a later date, but soon
FORMS and GUIDANCE
Creating CSV file
- A CSV file is simply a Comma Separated Value file that can be made as a text or spreadsheet file and saved in the CSV format
Wiki Metrics accepts Username or UserId and project code specifications:
Frank Schulenburg, meta
JAnstee (WMF), meta
- If you do not enter project code in CSV file you must enter project name in the upload cohort screen or system defaults to enwiki
- Most Users Do Not Have Underscores In Their Names; If_This_Fails, try replacing underscores with spaces -> If This Fails.
- Also, the system will sometimes invalidate a username if there are trailing spaces, please be sure to trim any trailing spaces (i.e. extra spaces in the text field following the username)