Movement Strategy/Initiatives/Adaptive Policies
You can read this page in your own language on the Movement Strategy Forum.
Adaptive Policies: flexible policies, structures, budgeting and planning to adapt to global changes
In order to Evaluate, Iterate and Adapt, we need to create adaptive policies, structures, and plans that respond to global changes. From now to the year 2030, a lot will change in the world, and there should be policies that allow us to quickly respond to those changes. This means that the results of learning and evaluation, from the other Initiatives of this Recommendation, should be directly taken into account in the decision-making, planning, and budgeting process of the Wikimedia communities, affiliates, and the Foundation. External conditions, such as wars or climate change, should be considered as far in advance as possible and integrated into the decisions of the Wikimedia movement.
- Adapt to meet new and altered situations and challenges by adopting policies and procedures based upon evaluations of the changing Movement and the changing world. This requires us to:
- Increase the flexibility and adaptability of the structures and approaches we employ to implement each recommendation.
- Incorporate evaluation results into decision-making at all institutional levels.
- Use evaluation results to inform planning and budgeting of Movement stakeholders with fiscal and programmatic responsibilities.
- Evaluate external conditions (socio-political, legal, environmental, etc.) to anticipate them, act on them if we can, and adapt to changes.—
Join or start a discussion on Meta or the "Evaluate, Iterate, and Adapt" space of the Movement Strategy Forum.
Apply for a Movement Strategy implementation grant to create a project that advances this initiative.
If you need help in getting involved, please don't hesitate to get in touch directly with members of the Movement Strategy and Governance Team. They are here to help!
You can write to the team in any of 19 languages (listed on the team's page), by writing an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Initiative||Project||Stakeholder type||Project lead||Geography of the project||Implementation Phase|
|47. Adaptive Policies (flexible policies, structures, budgeting and planning to adapt to global changes)||Overall Initiative Coordination|
|47. Adaptive Policies (flexible policies, structures, budgeting and planning to adapt to global changes)||Wikimedia Enterprise||WMF||Enterprise||Global||Execution & Implementation|
|47. Adaptive Policies (flexible policies, structures, budgeting and planning to adapt to global changes)||Human Rights Policy Community Engagement Plan||WMF||Global Advocacy (Public Policy)||Global||Execution & Implementation|
Related documents and discussions
Some of the past discussions, texts and old versions of Movement Strategy recommendations that can provide further context to this initiative: