Movement roles project/Groups/Wikimedia CAT
|This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. |
Related to now concluded Wikimedia movement roles project.
Name of group, entity or chapter
- How is it known?
- Wikimedia CAT
While waiting for approval as a chapter our operative name is Amical Viquipèdia.
Vision, mission, purpose, goals
- Why does it exist?
- The association was created to facilitate the activities we where already doing in support of the wikimedia projects. The purpose is to promote and support wikimedia projects outside Internet in our territory.
- About when did it first come together and which are the key events in its story?
- The decission of creating the association was taken in a Wikipedia meeting held in Barcelona in the premises of the National Library of Catalonia on the 19th of July, 2008. On 20th of July, 2008 mailed the ChapCom announcing our will of becoming a Chapter and asking for advice. From then we have been promoting and supporting wikimedia projects in our territory and in paral·lel fullfiling the steps to get the recognition as a Chapter.
Geographical reach or limits
- Where does it work?
- Alghero (Italy),
- Balearic Islands, Catalonia, Valencia (Spain),
- Pyrénées-Orientales (France)
Team and leadership
- Who is part of the group, entity or chapter?
- Board: Gomà (President), Paucabot (Secretary), Josepnogue (Treasurer), Cdani (Andorra) RR (Andorra), Gus.dan (Alguer) Paucabot (Baearic Islands), KRLS (Catalonia), Capsot (Pyrénées-Orientales), Martorell (Valencian Country).
- 72 members
- 389 members + supporters.
Accomplishments to date
- What has it done so far?
- Google translated montly summary of activities from march 2009.
Budget, spending, and fundraising
- How much has it raised or spent?
- How much money it's raised/spent
- Which opportunities and challenges are critical now?
- What issues it faces
Other entites with catalan chapters
- Catalan chapter of the Internet Society: http://isoc-cat.blogspot.com/
- Ubuntu Catalan LoCo teem: http://www.ubuntu.cat/
- Mozilla Catalan Community: http://www.mozilla.cat/
- Catalan center UNESCO: http://www.unesco.cat
- Catalan Chapter of the international PEN club: http://www.pencatala.cat/
- Creative Commons Catalonia: http://cat.creativecommons.org/