New Editor Experiences/Korean recruiter
You can now apply for this job here!
The New Editor Experiences project at the Wikimedia Foundation aims to improve the experiences of new Wikipedia editors by developing new software, community programs, and communications strategies. As part of this effort, the WMF is conducting a research project which will learn more about the backgrounds and experiences of new editors of the Korean Wikipedia. This project will involve traveling to South Korea to conduct interviews.
To help with this project, we are hiring a participant recruiting contractor will work closely with the research team to recruit and schedule participant for interviews in South Korea. Travel is not required.
If you are interested in this job, please email Neil Patel Quinn at nquinn wikimedia.org.
Duration: up to 2 months
Hours: 20–30 hours per week
Location: Remote (where you live)
- Recruiting and outreach:
- Communicate with potential research participants (such as new contributors to the Korean Wikipedia and academic experts) by email
- Answer participants’ questions professionally and persuasively
- Scheduling and calendaring
- Manage scheduling of interviews, taking into multiple factors including participants’ time availability and locations, and the research team’s needs
- Quickly handle participant cancellations and changes during the research trips
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with the research team
- Communicate with the community of the Korean Wikipedia, as needed
- Native or near-native knowledge of Korean, both written and spoken
- Geographic and cultural knowledge of South Korea
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to use collaboration software such as email and calendars
- Ability to organize work and manage time
These skills are not required, but having them would make you a stronger candidate.