Nordic Wikimedia/Göteborg November 2011 Meeting
Nordic Wikimedia Chapters Meeting in Göteborg November 2011
A first meeting took place at the FSCONS 2011 in Gothenburg on November, 12th. Two representatives from Denmark, Norway and Sweden, and one from Finland presented their chapters and previous activities, discussed the future strategy and plans, as well as shared their best practices. Some notes of the meeting can be found in an Etherpad. The following ideas for a closer cooperation have been discussed:
- Nordic Council project for GLAM campaigns and co-ordinators in each country. With a specified goal. Maybe integrating the Saami project.
- Faroe Islands and Greenland are potential additions to the Saami Projects if that is integrated into a Nordic Culture settings
- Possibility 1: Develop a Nordic language project for indigenous language/s (Saami)
- Possibility 2: Architecture project
- Distribute editing course material to all the Nordic chapters.
- Knit together the GLAM institutions in the Nordic that are mature for Wikimedia cooperation. Nationalmuseet, Charlotte H S Jensen (DK), Statens Arkiver (DK), Nordiska Museet (SE), Norsk folkemuseum (NO), Oslo bymuseum (NO). Invite Liam Wyatt from the United Kingdom.
- Establish a register of best practice projects in the Nordic, to inspire each other (see also Chapters Announcement List). Maybe collect it in a leeflet (or PDF) at the end of the year. A kind of "Nordic Annual Report" for the Nordic region. Must be written in English. Working page for 2011.
- Ferry seminar between Oslo and Copenhagen. All in all 3 distances, each chapter will have 1 distance alone and 1 distance with the other chapter.
- Nordic Wikimania co-located with the annual FSCONS. Amied at the inner core of activists. Maybe some more advanced sessions, like running bots, similar SkillShare/WikiCon in germany.