The OTRS team always welcomes new volunteers to help with answering tickets. Nonetheless, to ensure the quality of service and given the confidential nature of the work, there is a selective application procedure.
The OTRS administrators are a group of highly-trusted and experienced volunteers who assess your application to join the OTRS team. When assessing an application, they familiarize themselves with your work on the Wikimedia projects to ensure that you are suitable as an addition to the OTRS team. It therefore takes some time before you receive a response regarding your application.
If you are interested in volunteering, please read OTRS/Recruiting for information about what the job entails. Feel free to join #wikimedia-otrs to ask any questions that you might have with regard to Wikimedia OTRS. Before applying, please ensure that you are:
Please review the list of queues prior to submitting your application, and apply for all of those queues where you think you'd be able to help.
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-de queue, please apply locally by following the instructions at de:Wikipedia:Support-Team#Mitarbeit im Support-Team.
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-nl queue, please apply below and send an email to contact-nllists.wikimedia.org for the team to assess your application.
|Please and also send an e-mail to volunteers-otrswikimedia.org linking to your application on this page and giving your age. Please do so each time you apply.|
- User links:
- Babel/Languages you can reply in: id, ms, en, bbc-latn, btx, su, jv.
- Your most active user talk page(s):Meta talkpage, Commons talkpage, Indonesian Wikipedia talkpage, Malaysian Wikipedia Talkpage
- Queues you would like access to:info-id, permissions-commons, Photosubmissions
- Email sent? Yes
- Added : permissions-commons, Photosubmissions, for files from Indonesia and any language that I can reply off, I already have License Reviewer rights on commons, thank you.--AldnonymousBicara? 20:56, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
- Don’t always agree with Aldnon, but this is an obvious yes. TonyBallioni (talk) 22:35, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
- My experience with Aldnon on Commons is that he can be trusted and is more than sufficiently knowledgeable to make good use of access to the Commons/media related queues. Nick (talk) 07:34, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
- Heplful and knowledgeable, will be good addition to OTRS. They recently also explained well process of adding a wiki to GS wikiset 7 to my home wiki in Chinese, which shows they are able to handle tickets that are challenging in nature.--Cohaf (talk) 03:11, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
- User links:
- Babel/Languages you can reply in: English
- Your most active user talk page(s): en:User:Girth Summit
- Queues you would like access to: info-en
- Email sent? Yes.
I read here about excessive backlogs at OTRS. I'm happy to lend a hand to reduce them if I can. I have a fair amount of experience in counter vandalism work - I was trained by Mz7, and I have taken a number of users through the course since then (see w:en:User:Girth Summit/CVUA for details). I have also been developing my experience in NPP following tutoring by Barkeep49. While my work does involve a lot of templating and CSD/AfD nominations, I believe that I am able to differentiate between good-faith newbies who aren't sure how to go about editing, and vandals/spam merchants, and I try to give helpful advice to the former in my talk page posts and declines at AfC. Please treat this as an offer to help - I'm willing to do what I can to reduce the backlog if you think I would be able to; I won't be in any way disappointed or offended if you think my experience to date is insufficient for this role. Girth Summit (talk) 18:55, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
- I have found Girth's ability to communicate clearly and thoughtfully exemplary. These are obviously skills which have value as an OTRS agent. Further he knows his limits and is willing to seek help or ask questions of others when he's on unfamiliar ground. An example of his doing work at en which resembles the kind which might occur at OTRS can be found here. Barkeep49 (talk) 19:04, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks Barkeep49 - your support is much appreciated. For anyone following up on that discussion, the resultant article is here. I'm still hoping that Lou will be able to provide an image, but she (I misgendered her in the discussion that Barkeep49 links to, and have since apologised - this is something I'm usually careful of) hasn't been back in touch for a while.Girth Summit (talk) 19:29, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
- Support. Girth is a quick learner, asks thoughtful questions when he is unsure, and is an absolute pleasure to interact with. The OTRS customers whom he will respond to will find interacting with Girth a delightful experience. Mz7 (talk) 23:47, 16 May 2019 (UTC)