The OTRS team always welcomes new volunteers to help with answering tickets. Nonetheless, to ensure the quality of service and given the confidential nature of the work, there is a selective application procedure.
The OTRS administrators are a group of highly-trusted and experienced volunteers who assess your application to join the OTRS team. When assessing an application, they familiarize themselves with your work on the Wikimedia projects to ensure that you are suitable as an addition to the OTRS team. It therefore takes some time before you receive a response regarding your application.
If you are interested in volunteering, please read OTRS/Recruiting for information about what the job entails. Feel free to join #wikimedia-otrs to ask any questions that you might have with regard to Wikimedia OTRS. Before applying, please ensure that you are:
Please review the list of queues prior to submitting your application, and apply for all of those queues where you think you'd be able to help.
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-de queue, please apply locally by following the instructions at de:Wikipedia:Support-Team#Mitarbeit im Support-Team.
|Please wikimedia.org linking to your application on this page and giving your age. Please do so each time you apply.and also send an e-mail to volunteers-otrs|
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: en-4, ha-N, ak-4
- Your most active user talk page(s):w:en:User talk:Masssly
- Email sent?: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: info, info-en, permissions-commons-en
I'd like to help out on OTRS because I feel responses to queries are not always swift enough because of the long queues at Wikipedia and commons especially. This has the potential of frustrating users most of whom expect quick responses and may not make the time to check back again. I have a good grasp of most of our policies including Copyrights and BLP and I have a long history dealing with new users and helping them out with routine questions. I do so mostly by detecting user contribution from new accounts or at Wikipedia:Help desk patrol. I would also be happy to handle questions that ever come in in ha and ak. -- →Masssly✉ 06:53, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: Full proficiency in English and French
- Your most active user talk page(s): en:User talk:Salvidrim!
- Email sent?: Sure.
- Queues you would like access to: info-en, info-fr, permissions-en (maybe others I don't know the existence of yet, like wm-ca?)
I'm an en-wiki admin who is very involved with general administration and clerking around the project. I've also been working in customer service for years, and been a UTRS volunteer and tooladmin for some time now. I'd love to help out and devote some of my time to volunteering for OTRS. In addition, being able to read existing tickets will allow me to work more efficiently both in UTRS (some users sometimes write to both systems simultaneously) and on en-wiki as an admin. I am 25 and have already identified to the Foundation. Salvidrim! 04:35, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- Salvidrim Customer service? What kind? Are you referring to your IRL works or it's a wikimedia-movement related works?--AldNonymousBicara? 13:31, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- Aldnonymous: RL, mostly. I've worked quite a few gas station/convenience store part-time jobs throughout high school, and then some miscellanous impersonal call centers, but more recently (3½ years or so) I've been employed by a local mid-sized ISP (about 60 employees) and I'm really proud of the highly personal level of customer service this environment has allowed me to offer. I've worked for 11 months in residential sales where we took a high volume of calls and e-mails from all manner of customers in various states of satisfaction (or lack of), then for 14 months in residential billing, where we were tasked on following up with customers who had payment issues or unreturned equipment and take payment arrangements with them. For the past 16 months, I've been working as coordinator for our corporate department, handling all the paperwork when it comes to contracts, orders, cancellations, billing, internal reports, as well as responding to all e-mails from clients, and taking most "customer service" inbound calls (delegating sales to others). I think this answer is probably more detailed than what you wanted, but I'd rather be thorough than curt! Around Wikimedia projects, I would say UTRS qualifies in some manner as "customer service", although it deals with mostly editors instead of readers or subjects. :) Salvidrim! 22:24, 26 June 2015 (UTC)
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, English, French
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:pa:User talk:Satdeep Gill
- Email sent?: Sure
- Queues you would like access to:
I'd like to help out on OTRS because I think i can be helpful in contacting people speaking Hindi-Urdu which is 4th most spoken language of the world. Punjabi is said to be the 11th most spoken language in the world.-- Satdeep Gill (talk) 16:41, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
- @Satdeep Gill: you didn't mention the queue/s you wanted to access above the statement. However, if you wanted to help the Hindi-Urdu/Punjabi spoken people, I'm afraid that such queue/s hasn't been existed yet. ~ Nahid Talk 14:24, 27 June 2015 (UTC)
- Babel/Languages you can reply in: English
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:en:User talk:Amanrajveer
- Email sent: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: info-en, Permissions
- And why do you think that? :-) Rjd0060 (talk) 18:51, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- User is just trying to contribute to Wikipedia with a good standing. We had an email communication where I explained to him how the OTRS/Wikipedia works & he understood. @Rjd0060: I think he won't mind if you remove this early nomination :) & @Amanrajveer: would you mind to confirm it? ~ Nahid Talk 19:38, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
@Rjd0060:, because i have worked on several Ticket Request Systems. I know how it functions and how it should. I have worked for call center's outbound and inbound web process. I have good typing speed, almost 80 WPM. I have installed Mediawiki software and OTRS on my own web server and i understand how it functions. I had an email communication with @NahidSultan:. He guided me that my edit count is low, so i couldn't be a preferred person because an admin right holder is suitable for this. I can understand but nowadays i work on Wikipedia whole day night without sleeping and i assure you it would be better to choose me as OTRS volunteer. Thanks. --Amanrajveer (talk) 20:50, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: Italian, English, French
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:it:User talk:Ask21
- Email sent?: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: info-it, permissions-it
I'd like to help out on OTRS; I was a OTRS Volunteer for 5 years but I have been really busy with my work until recently, now I would really like to be again on OTRS. Talking more about myself: I'm already a sysop and checkuser on it.wiki. -- Ask21 (talk) 16:47, 28 June 2015 (UTC)
- Support He is a trusted user of the Italian Wikipedia community, and he did a lot of good deeds on OTRS-it in all these years. I would say it was really a pity to remove him from the operators list. --Sannita - not just another it.wiki sysop 17:02, 28 June 2015 (UTC)
- Support, definitely some good helping hands for Italian speaking communities. --M/ (talk) 09:31, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- Would be great to have some old folks on board ~ Nahid Talk 19:41, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
- Support we need more volunteer, he has the right profile.--Alexmar983 (talk) 00:25, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: Chinese, English-3
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:zh:User talk:Cosine02
- Email sent?: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: info-zh, info-en, permissions-zh-hans
I'd like to help out on OTRS because I want to help the newcomer and the user who have questions about permissions. Zh-Wikipedia only have ten volunteers, maybe my join could help them. Also, my join can improve my ability about communication. -- 05:49, 4 July 2015 (UTC)