The OTRS team always welcomes new volunteers to help with answering tickets. Nonetheless, to ensure the quality of service and given the confidential nature of the work, there is a selective application procedure.
The OTRS administrators are a group of highly-trusted and experienced volunteers who assess your application to join the OTRS team. When assessing an application, they familiarize themselves with your work on the Wikimedia projects to ensure that you are suitable as an addition to the OTRS team. It therefore takes some time before you receive a response regarding your application.
If you are interested in volunteering, please read OTRS/Recruiting for information about what the job entails. Feel free to join #wikimedia-otrs to ask any questions that you might have with regard to Wikimedia OTRS. Before applying, please ensure that you are:
Please review the list of queues prior to submitting your application, and apply for all of those queues where you think you'd be able to help.
If you'd like to volunteer for the info-de queue, please apply locally by following the instructions at de:Wikipedia:Support-Team#Mitarbeit im Support-Team.
|Please wikimedia.org linking to your application on this page and giving your age. Please do so each time you apply.and also send an e-mail to volunteers-otrs|
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: English, Spanish-3, Russian-1
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:en:User talk:Bobamnertiopsis
- Email sent?: Yes!
- Queues you would like access to: permissions-en
I'd like to help out with the OTRS because I enjoy interacting with people interested in using free licenses for their work, often for the first time. I'm an active user (since 2006) and content-creator on en-wiki and a license reviewer on Commons. I'm also active on the Commons:OTRS/Noticeboard, working to clear backlog such as I can without actual OTRS access. I'm familiar with free licensing policies and will always err on the side of caution when it comes to approving a file submitted via OTRS. I also seek to treat those sending files via OTRS respectfully and assume good faith from them as who knows; a positive experience with free licensing one file may lead to more down the road. Thanks for your consideration! -- Bobamnertiopsis (talk) 20:09, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- Babel/Languages you can reply in: French, English-1
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:fr:User talk:Superjuju10
- Email sent: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: permissions-fr, info-fr
I'd like to help out on OTRS. Active since 2010 and sysops from 2 years, I invest in welcoming newbies on Wikipedia. I regularly bring my experience and through advice, explanations and trying to be as pleasant as possible.
As a sysops, I many invested in recent changes and procedures for copyrights (claims selective deletion and pages suspected of copyright infringement). I am very comfortable with the various existing licenses according to the French law.
Second, how I feel especially need to feel useful to Wikipedia, especially as - to take again my example of copyrights - my help ends when I indicate the procedure to follow for rerelease. When it complains that two weeks later he is still unanswered, it is frustrating not to be able to complete the work started.
I will attend mainly to permissions-fr. But I won't rule out to contribute to info-fr
I am also a checkuser in French Wikipedia since february 2015.
And I'm ready to learn things I don't know yet.
I'm at your disposal for any remark.
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: en-N
- Your most active user talk page(s): English Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons
- Email sent?: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: permissions-commons
Hi. Could someone restore OTRS access to my account, please? It has been removed recently due to my lack of activity in handling tickets directly. I use OTRS mainly to access tickets of files that come up on the deletion queues. That's the same reason which I mentioned when I had applied for the access back in early 2011. Thanks, Rehman 13:49, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Rehman. Thanks for re-applying! While I understand that you had previously indicated you mostly wanted access for the purpose of verifying permissions, we have since enacted a new activity policy which requires you to handle/respond at least one ticket every 6 months. Is this something you believe you will be able to do? Thanks, Tiptoety talk 20:50, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- Babel / Languages you can reply in: No-N. DE-N. En-N, Da-4, Sv-3
- Your most active user talk page(s): w:en:User talk:Asav, w:no:Brukerdiskusjon:Asav
- Email sent?: Yes
- Queues you would like access to: info-de, info-en, info-no, info-sv, info-da, permissions-commons.
I have previously been an OTRS volunteer for a number of years, but had to relinquish acces due to other engagements. I've been fairly active in the "job", and while I may not have as much time as I used to, I still hope to contribute to the queues I've previously had access to (see above). I also added the two other Scandinvaian language queues in case they need someone to chip in. I wasn't too active in the German queue, since the other volunteers had it pretty well covered, so I won't file an extra application to info-de. There was a call for Norwegian volunteers on wp:no recently, and since I'm pretty experienced, I thought I'd starting contributing again.
In addition, I hade access to a few other queues, but I'll get back to that if (hopefully when) this application goes through. You can just look up my stuff in the OTRS system if you'd like to. Asav (talk) 23:55, 1 April 2015 (UTC)