Ohio Wikimedians User Group/Newsletter/2020/January
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Upcoming and Ongoing Events
- Cleveland Museum of Art Open Access Anniversary Campaign — January 23rd (today!) is the one-year anniversary of the Cleveland Museum of Art's Open Access program. To celebrate, we are hosting an editing campaign (with postcard souvenirs!) from now through February 9. Help expand and create articles related to the Cleveland Museum of Art (including artists and artworks featured in their collection), and receive a postcard from the Museum. If you'd like to participate, check out the task list and sign up on the event page.
- In December, the Cincinnati Art Museum hosted an Art+Feminism edit-a-thon. The museum was an excellent place to have an edit-a-thon, with a café and staff who were helpful in setting up and ensuring there were enough tables, outlets, and plenty of resource materials available. There was a related exhibit, Women Breaking Boundaries, that was of interest to attendees. In total, 9 people attended.
- The Movement Strategy document, with 13 recommendations, has been released and is located here. You may utilize each recommendation's respective talk page to leave any feedback you might have.
- Between February and March 2020, the recommendations will be finalized, incorporating final feedback. By the end of March 2020, the recommendations are slated to be approved by the Wikimedia Foundation's Board of Trustees.
- Kevin (SuperHamster) will be attending Wikimedia Summit 2020 on behalf of the Ohio Wikimedians. This year's Summit will be focusing on discussing the implementation of the finalized Movement Strategy recommendations. Please get in touch with Kevin if you have ideas and suggestions that you would like conveyed.
- Have something for the next newsletter? Add it to our February 2020 draft.