PROVA Probabilistic Reasoner
|Status of the proposal|
|Details of the proposal|
|Project description||Open Probabilistic Reasoning System, where the community can evolve the reasoning for any hypotheses supported by verifiable sources.|
|Is it a multilingual wiki?||There will be one multilingual wiki.|
|Potential number of languages||The project is going to be in many languages.|
|Proposed tagline||Does your project have a tagline? (optional)|
|Proposed URL||The (proposed) website for the project is wikiprova.org|
|New features to require||The project requires reasoning engine that is already implemented.|
The project aims to move forward the original initiative ProvaReasoner.org to create a Free Online Probabilistic Reasoning Analytical System, where anyone can express the reasoning for their hypotheses. The system allows its users to convey and demonstrate the proof or reasoning of their statements or hypotheses to the public. The user attempts to prove (or reason) his hypothesis with publicly available information or documents. The system provides means for gradual growth from the simple hypothesis, based just on direct citation, to complex hierarchy of hypotheses with the help of users’ collaboration. The system utilizes Bayesian Networks expressed by Probabilistic Logical Programming to calculate probabilities and significance of the hypotheses.
The project will be based on an existing reference Proof-Of-Concept implementation.
The System should adopt most of Wikipedia's policies and practices such as Verifiability of Sources, No Original Research and Neutral Point Of View.
The proposed Probabilistic Reasoner may bring new interest and dynamics to Wikipedia adding reasoning functionality. It may introduce numerical measure for many resources of Wikipedia such as Reliability of Sources and Publishers, Expertise Level of User, etc. The articles of Wikipedia may include references to the proofs or reasoning.
The system can bring value to almost all fields of social activity that involves reasoning. Here are some of them:
- Free Open General Probabilistic Reasoning Analytical System.
- Product and services reviews by applying reasoning.
- News and Media. The system will filter-out fake news and promote valid information.
- Internet Discussions and Chats. The system can be utilized in social discussions and forums to ban spamming or abusive users by other users who motivate their decision for banning.
- Community Decision Validator. The reference point for finding motivations for social, cultural, legal, political, economic decisions. If a government or corporation makes some decision it may be compared with a decision generated by a community that uses the reasoning system.
Eugene Yakushev (firstname.lastname@example.org) (kvakush)
Demos and Technical Info
There is Proof-of-Concept of the Probabilistic Reasoning System. Most of its functionality is already implemented and tested. Its source code is currently in a Git repository and ready to become public. It waits for integration with Wikipedia. Contact us to request more technical information about PROVA, live Demo Presentation and source code.
- Eugene Yakushev (email@example.com) (kvakush)
- Comment Are you suggesting a separate wiki? because making a separate wiki for such a purpose would be unavailing. Arep Ticous 14:20, 30 July 2020 (UTC)