Project Pragati primarily focuses on donating media to the Wikimedia movement through the commons and improvement of wikipedia articles. We will extend our work on Wikidata, wikipedia and Wikivoyage later.This project inspired by 'Project Korikath Bangladesh' after discussed in Wikimedia conference India-2023 with Project Korikath project Team. so decided we should start such a project and accepted this idea. We will extend our work on Wikidata. wkipedia and wikivoyge later. The inclusion of all the locations, structures, and monuments in Wikimedia Commons is the primary driving force behind our effort - starting in our own city, of course. There are many Wikipedia entries that require photographs, but because those pages aren't as popular, people rarely upload images of them. We are beginning this effort in order to fill these gaps. basically pragati project will focused in india but also we are dedicated to collaborate with international wikimedia volunteer. Our project's initial focus is on locations, memorials, heritage site, mosque, temple, church and landmarks etc.
We'll use two approaches to reach our goal. We are first creating a photography team with individuals who have expertise in photography, research, and documentation. With the help of this team, we will organize regional Photowalks to take pictures of all the locations, initially in Northern India. our project Pragati is Zero budget project so We will continue host online meetings with the photographer who has well experience photography. Then, according to priority, we'll go on photo walks.
Our Goals and Ambition
Pragati is a common Indian name that means "progress (प्रगति)" Project encompasses tangible and intangible, natural and cultural, movable and immovable and documentary, photography assets inherited from the past and transmitted to future generations by virtue of their irreplaceable value. The term ‘heritage’ has evolved considerably over time. Initially referring exclusively to the monumental remains of cultures, the concept of heritage has gradually been expanded to embrace living culture and contemporary expressions
The main targets we have selected for this project are:.
Capturing and inserting appropriate pictures in the articles related to monuments or landmarks of different places that currently have no picture.
Article creation and documentation that in present place articles is not exist on Wikipedia and Wikivoyage
Tarnnig for the newcomers to Wikimedia Commons, Wikipedia.
collaboration with the international community and different languages to increas article number on wikipedia.
Participate international wiki photo contest and promote that.
Why need this project?
A concerted efforts to preserve our heritage is a vital link to our cultural, educational, aesthetic, inspirational and economic legacies, all of the things that quite literally make us who we are.
India is a multilingual and multicultural country. And if we look its the history on this, we know many monuments and tombs related to Rulers, Religion, Indo-Islamic culture, but there are many such historical places in India specially North India which have a remarkable history, but at present there is no government, non -government or any organization is not taking any care and which are becoming extinct in danger with time. This project will bring all that places to Wikipedia with the help of Wikimedia under this project
There are below listed some examples (references) of heritage/tomb/monuments that is not available on wikipedia and commons so far, but these are must be at least.
- Jama Masjid or Babri Masjid. Sambhal Uttar Pradesh, first Mughal building in India constructed in the year 1526 by Babar.
- Tomb of Ikhlas Khan was constructed in 1094 AH (1690AD).
- Tomb of Nawab Farid Nawab Farid was the son of Qutubuddin Koka, governor of Badaun. Nawab Farid built a district, known as Shekhupur.
- Hazrat Arab Bokhari was the maternal grandfather of Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya of Delhi.
- Holy shrine of Father & Grandfather of Hazrat Nizamuddin Auliya The holy shrine is located in the Sagar taal area of Badaun Uttar Pradesh.
- Shahi Jama Masjid (Royal Mosque) constructed by Iltutmish. (1211-14AD) It's a monument of national importance and a national heritage site.
- Jama Masjid Moradabad built by Rustam Khan, governor of Sambhal during the reign of Emperor Shahjahan.
- Sambhal Fort The fort was built in 1643. by Syed Firoz Shah.
- Tota Maina Grave in Sambhal a 13th century tomb.
- Chakki ka Paat Sambhal One of the major historical attractions of Sambha Uttar Pradesh.
- Create a logo for the project Working
- Create social media project's Group for awareness Done
- Host an online meeting with Team Done
- Conduct at least 6 photowalks.
- Upload 500+ images.
- 5 new contributors in commons for project.
- Organize at least 2 online meeting for projects's working strategy.