Punjabi Wikimedians/Events/Bathinda Literary Festival
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bathinda Literary Festival was organized by People's Forum Bargari on 25 December to 28 December 2018 in Bathinda, Punjab. Punjabi Wikimedians joined this festival to create awareness of Wikipedia & Wikisource.
Venue & Dates
- Date:25 December to 28 December 2018
- Place: Bathinda
- Venue: Teachers Home Bathinda, Fauji Chownk
Organizer & Trainers
- Stalinjeet Brar (Organizer)
- Benipal hardarshan
- Charan Gill
- Harshaan Ghuman
- Satdeep Gill
- Satpal Dandiwal
- To create awareness of Wikipedia & Wikisource
- To engage peoples with Wikipedia and Wikisource
- First activity in Bathinda city
- New Accounts created:
- 28 December - 7
- 27 December - 4
- 26 December - 11
- 25 December - 17
Total - 39
- We found about 10 rare books and around 5-10 newspapers/magazines for the Punjabi Wikisource for scanning by this visit.
- We got photos of about 10 authors during this event. Before this event, there were no photos of these authors on commons. This will help us to add these photos to Wikipedia articles.
- The organizing forum of this festival promote this festival by mentioned Punjabi Wikipedia in newspaper articles and banners or on the social media platforms. It created awareness about the word 'Punjabi Wikipedia'.
- Hardarshan Benipal, Jagseer S Sidhu and Harshan participated in this festival as a trainee and It was the first time that they gave training to newcomers. This will help the Punjabi community in the future.