The following request for comments is closed. No contributions have been made in support of this RfC. I am closing it now, as it is highly unlikely to change. I suggest to find different venues if your alleged problem (I don't want to judge whether it is or isn't a problem) persists. Effeietsanders (talk) 03:08, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
Moved from the English Wikipedia
This very very very very inappropriate behavior there. I was blocked merely because of my nationality. I just cleaned up my talk page and that was a reason for a block. Note that there was a Serbo-Croatian war during the 1990s. But there is no reason for this kind of nationalistic behavior.
As you can see here https://hr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Razgovor_sa_suradnikom:VS6507&action=history this admin user on hr wiki is harassing me because of the nationality. Whom should I ask for help? Alex (talk) 16:38, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- They deactivated their ArbCom ~5 years ago, so I think your best options are either (a) contact the blocking admin or (b) try to get a message to their version of WP:AN/I. This isn't something we can address here. --Hammersoft (talk) 18:49, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- Alex, Croatian Wiki has a history of severe dysfunction, and the broader community had to step in with extraordinary steps to revoke abusive admins and their checkuser. The meta discussion can be seen m:Requests_for_comment/2013_issues_on_Croatian_Wikipedia. It's also covered in our article on Croatian Wikipedia. I do not know whether the Croatian administrator community has recovered, or whether it continues to be dysfunctional. The first step is to carefully examine the reason given for your block, carefully examine the Wiki policies to see if there is any remotely reasonable basis for it. If not, then there should be some process in place to request that the block be reviewed by other administrators. If that fails, you probably just have to wait out the block. There is one more possibility, but I do not list it lightly. I do not know what is going on at Croatian wiki. *IF* you do an extensive investigation, *IF* you find substantial solid evidence of systematic abuses, it may be possible to open a new process at meta resembling m:Requests_for_comment/2013_issues_on_Croatian_Wikipedia. That would involve a lot of work, evidence of systematic abuses and dysfunction. Your block is a "local matter" and we can't directly intervene on that. The only outside intervention would be if the adminship of the wiki as a whole were (again) shown to be grossly dysfunctional. Alsee (talk) 19:41, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hmm, I see. I was pretty abused by an admin, Kubura. When I told him that I didn't like the tone he was talking to me, he said that I was violating some nonexistent rule. And when I deleted that "message" I was blocked for a month. Every single edit that I made was monitored for typing mistakes, and when I said I don't want to get any more messages, they didn't care... Alex (talk) 23:18, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- Alsee, and for example their "rule" says "no nationality symbols", and their front page has Ustaše logo. I don't know about you, but I think that's horrible. Alex (talk) 23:47, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- Are you talking about the little bubble icon with the red and white checkerboard, about 1 cm in diameter at the top of the page? I suppose that readers familiar with Croatia might associate "chequy Argent and Gules" with the Coat of arms of Croatia, but I'm not really sure why you say that it is both the symbol of a fascist movement from the 1930s and 1940s and an nationality symbol. Or perhaps you were talking about some other item on the main page? WhatamIdoing (talk) 21:53, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
- The problem is that Coat of Arms is a washed out fascist movement symbol, chosen by hard line nationalist Tudjman, who prosecuted more than 200,000 people from Croatia. Vs6 507 04:45, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
- The checkerboard has been used in Croatia for centuries. It was widely recognized as a symbol of Croats and Croatia in the 19th century, e.g., fifty years before Tudjman was born. This suggests to me that a red-and-white checkerboard isn't inherently a fascist movement symbol.
- Perhaps a more useful topic of discussion would be this: What other visual symbol of the Croatian people and language would you prefer? WhatamIdoing (talk) 19:02, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- Is there a possibility to ask for help or start a discussion of the problems at hr.wikipedia over at meta? I noticed that there's This discussion on Meta about similar problems at a different Wikipedia. Perhaps they could help you there? This is the main page to start discussions on cross-wiki issues. --Jayron32 19:03, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
Simple explanation - VS6507's dirty escapade
Have You checked why was he blocked?
VS6507 was blocked for this edit  in which VS6507 in most pejorative language told to a female user "come at my place s... my penis".
And after all he still dares to complain and call this as "hard line nationalism"?
VS6507 is hiding his sexist escapade and sexual harassing under "hard line nationalism". Do You think that I'm wrong? With such message to any female user VS6507 would be promptly kicked out from any place. Kubura (talk) 06:25, 26 July 2017 (UTC)