The following request for comments is closed. Superseded by Requests for comment/Global usurpation policy 2
|The following is a proposed Wikimedia document. References or links to this page should not describe it as supported, adopted, common, or effective.
The proposal may still be in development, under discussion, or in the process of gathering consensus for adoption (which is not determined by counting votes).|
- Stewards and global renamers are allowed to usurp accounts.
- User who requests usurpation must have at least 400 edits or be an administrator on some Wikimedia project.
- User accounts may be usurped if it matches one of following conditions:
- Does not have any edits except deleted
- Is a vandalism-only account where all the edits were straight reverted and can thus be deleted.
- Has edits to userspace only that can be deleted.
- User accounts may not be usurped if the user responds to the usurpation warning email within a week.
- Stewards and global renamers may reject a request even if it fulfills these criteria, but contradicts common sense.
- Stewards and global renamers may usurp accounts regardless to point 4 if the usurpation target consents.
- Stewards and global renamers have to notify local community about the request and their option out of this policy one month before usurpation unless usurpation target consents.
- All stewards and global renamers operating usurpations must remember at all times that the CC-BY-SA/GFDL is only interested in the name the person adds to the history when they release the work under the CC-BY-SA/GFDL—this is not a matter of debate or subject to personal decision.
You can comment on /RFC.