The following request for comments is closed. Superseded by Requests for comment/Global usurpation policy 2
- Stewards and global renamers are allowed to usurp accounts.
- User who requests usurpation must have at least 400 edits or be an administrator on some Wikimedia project.
- User accounts may be usurped if it matches one of following conditions:
- Does not have any edits except deleted
- Is a vandalism-only account where all the edits were straight reverted and can thus be deleted.
- Has edits to userspace only that can be deleted.
- User accounts may not be usurped if the user responds to the usurpation warning email within a week.
- Stewards and global renamers may reject a request even if it fulfills these criteria, but contradicts common sense.
- Stewards and global renamers may usurp accounts regardless to point 4 if the usurpation target consents.
- Stewards and global renamers have to notify local community about the request and their option out of this policy one month before usurpation unless usurpation target consents.
- All stewards and global renamers operating usurpations must remember at all times that the CC-BY-SA/GFDL is only interested in the name the person adds to the history when they release the work under the CC-BY-SA/GFDL—this is not a matter of debate or subject to personal decision.
You can comment on /RFC.