Requests for new languages/Wikiversity Slovene
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←main page||Request for a new language edition: Wikiversity Slovene|
- The community needs to develop an active test project; it must remain active until approval (automated statistics). It is generally considered active if the analysis lists at least three active, not-grayed-out editors listed in the sections for the previous few months.
- The community needs to complete required MediaWiki interface translations in that language (about localization, translatewiki, check completion).
- The community needs to discuss and complete the settings table below:
|What||Value||Example / Explanation|
|Language code||sl (SIL, Glottolog)||A valid ISO 639-1 or 639-3 language code, like "fr", "de", "nso", ...|
|Language name||Slovene||Language name in English|
|Language name||slovenščina||Language name in your language. This will appear in the language list on Special:Preferences, in the interwiki sidebar on other wikis, ...|
|Language Wikidata item||Item about the language at Wikidata. It would normally include the Wikimedia language code, name of the language, etc. Please complete at Wikidata if needed.|
|Directionality||no indication||Is the language written from left to right (LTR) or from right to left (RTL)?|
|Links||Links to previous requests, or references to external websites or documents.|
|Project name||Wikiverza||"Wikiversity" in your language|
|Project namespace||Wikiverza||usually the same as the project name|
|Project talk namespace||Pogovor o Wikiverzi||"Wikiversity talk" (the discussion namespace of the project namespace)|
|Enable uploads||yes||Default is "no". Preferably, files should be uploaded to Commons.|
If you want, you can enable local file uploading, either by any user ("yes") or by administrators only ("admin").
Notes: (1) This setting can be changed afterwards. The setting can only be "yes" or "admin" at approval if the test creates an Exemption Doctrine Policy (EDP) first. (2) Files on Commons can be used on all Wikis. (3) Uploading fair-use images is not allowed on Commons (more info). (4) Localisation to your language may be insufficient on Commons.
|Project logo||File:Sl-wikiversity-org.png||This needs to be an SVG image (instructions for logo creation).|
|Default project timezone||Europe/Ljubljana||"Continent/City", e.g. "Europe/Brussels" or "America/Mexico City" (see list of valid timezones)|
|Additional namespaces||For example, a Wikisource would need "Page", "Page talk", "Index", "Index talk", "Author", "Author talk".|
|Additional settings||Anything else that should be set|
|submit Phabricator task (includes everything automatically, except additional namespaces/settings)|
- Support We've incubated a project on Wikiversity Beta around 2008/09 with several student projects on two faculties at University of Ljubljana. Project is getting bigger and bigger ever since. There are close to 600 pages of student work in slovene language category of Wikiversity Beta. An unique Slovene Wikiversity would mean a great step in Slovene e-education because students need to practice wiki-editing before they are ready to create ther own Wikipedia articles. The Slovene Wikipedia is a very active wikipedia. With more than 130,000 articles is very large. — MZaplotnik (contribs) 10:20, 19 January 2012 (UTC)
- It would ease our endeavour to introduce Wikiversity as a preparatory for Wikipedia very much, if we have Wikiversity localized. --Hladnikm (talk) 09:59, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
- The project would contribute a lot to the growth and development of the Slovenian WikiCommunity in the academic and educational sphere. ---Eleassar my talk 10:22, 16 March 2012 (UTC)