Research:Committee/Talks/Wikimania 2011/Open-access and open-data policy/Open Data
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
The growth of Open Access mandates
- Since the spread of electronic communication, it has been technically much less demanding to publish data.
- A culture of open data sharing is not wide spread amongst researchers.
- Similar problems affected Open Access a decade ago.
- Solution: Open Access mandates
- Panton Principles for the sharing of scientific data have been developed
- Data sharing requirements are growing in importance