Jump to navigation Jump to search
- All of these editors made their 1,000th article edit in the same few months. Of editors who began contributing in the past 4 years (2008 and later), what do their editing velocities look like? (E.g., slow and steady, rapid and condensed?)
- (Optional) How different is the velocity of editors who began contributing before 2008?
- What is the typical/average velocity? What do the outliers look like?
- What does the velocity of editors who made their 100th edit to articles look like in comparison?
- What are the most useful temporal metrics for defining an editing session? (1 hour of inactivity? more/less?)
- What does a typical editing session look like...
- in the first few hours of editing?
- in the first day?
- subsequent days?
- for these editors as compared to a random sample of current ones?
- Run the analysis for editors who started post Jan 1, 2008
Include the following stats for each time period:
- 25th percentile edit count
- 75th percentile edit count
- Generate a CSV that has each editor and their edit counts per time bucket and lifetime edit count.
|User||0-1||1-2||2-6||6-12||12-24||24-48||48-168||Lifetime||# of sessions|
- Run a similar analysis for 100+ editors that are post 2008.
- Estimate the number of edit sessions within the first 7 days.
- We can use a simple definition of "count the number of >=1 hour gaps within the first 7 days".
- Assumption: if a user stops for >=1 hour, they've restarted an editing session (e.g., went away for a cup of coffee, switched contexts, etc.).
- The industry standard measurement for an internet session is 30 minutes of inactivity (e.g., that's what comScore uses to identify sessions). But since editing activity is a very time-intensive thing, 1 hour feels more appropriate.
- Example: if a user makes 3 edits from 1:00-1:15, and their next edit is at 3:00, there's a gap between the first and second clusters. So # gaps + 1 would equal number of sessions.
- Rough estimate for the above on the order of
- 1-2 hours
- half a day
- a day
- 1+ days
1st week of editing
- Total edits for all editors, 1 week
- Mean: 23.61
- Median: 5
- Min: 1
- 25th percentile: 2
- 75th percentile: 16
- Max: 1117