Research:Mobile editor engagement
The Mobile Web team at the Wikimedia Foundation is designing new user interfaces and workflows to make it easier for users to register an account and contribute to Wikimedia projects on mobile devices. This page provides a high-level overview of research and experiments conducted as part of this project.
- What proportion of new user registrations come from mobile devices compared to desktop registrations?
- How effective are mobile calls-to-action (CTA) at increasing the volume of new registrations?
- What is the activation rate for mobile registrations compared to users registered on desktop?
- What is the activation rate of these users as a function of the CTA they came from?
- What is the quality of contributions made by mobile registrations?
- Are block and revert rates comparable for desktop and mobile users?
- What is the typical trajectory of mobile users? Do they shift over time to more desktop editing or remain primarily mobile editors?
- How many monthly active editors come from mobile registrations (regardless of whether they edit on mobile or desktop)?
- How many editors complete 5+ main namespace edits a month on mobile devices (regardless of where and when they registered)
- Mobile trends
- /Mobile active editor
- /Calls to action (?)
- /Newly registered users
- /Editor activation
- Controlled tests