Notes on data
- The revisions of deleted pages are stored in the archive table since
- The logging table does not track the page_id of deleted pages. See 26122.
Butler et al. explored several aspects of English Wikipedia policy and conclude that "The deletion policy is written exclusively for administrators, for they are the only community members empowered to determine what pages should remain in Wikipedia and what pages should be removed." 
Lam et al. explored patterns in article deletion on the English Wikipedia.
Lam et al. explored the effects of group composition on the quality (resilience) of article deletion decisions on the English Wikipedia
Gieger & Ford looked at the reasons that many articles are deleted in the English Wikipedia and found it "[...] apparent that the vast majority of such deleted articles are not spam, vandalism, or 'patent nonsense,' but rather articles which could be considered encyclopedic, but do not fit the project's standards."
- Butler, B., Joyce, E., & Pike, J. (2008, April). Don't look now, but we've created a bureaucracy: the nature and roles of policies and rules in wikipedia. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on human factors in computing systems (pp. 1101-1110). ACM. pdf
- Lam, S. T. K., & Riedl, J. (2009, May). Is Wikipedia growing a longer tail?. In Proceedings of the ACM 2009 international conference on Supporting group work (pp. 105-114). ACM. pdf
- Lam, S. K., Karim, J., & Riedl, J. (2010, November). The effects of group composition on decision quality in a social production community. In Proceedings of the 16th ACM international conference on Supporting group work (pp. 55-64). ACM.pdf
- Research:The Speed of Speedy Deletions
- Geiger, R. S., & Ford, H. (2011, October). Participation in Wikipedia's article deletion processes. In Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Wikis and Open Collaboration (pp. 201-202). ACM. pdf