Research talk:Tech support satisfaction poll
Well, I'll try to talk here)
Recently, I faced with such a problem - it is impossible add categories using copy-paste (during the booting of file). Also there are many problems with using gadgets & scripts (for example, refToolbar). The users came to the conclusion that someone from the staff of Wikimedia all the time something repairs/breaks/repairs and does not stop. Excuse me for my English, please).
ru: Недавно столкнулся с такой проблемой - невозможно при загрузке файла добавить категории, используя copy-paste. Также в последнее время многие участники столкнулись с проблемами, связанными с корректной работой гаджетов, скриптов (у меня, скажем, пропал гаджет refToolbar, у некоторых участников он сам собой восстановился, у меня - нет). Участники пришли к выводу, что кто-то из техперсонала Викимедии всё-время что-то чинит/ломает/чинит и не останавливается. Lesless (talk) 20:09, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
- I would like to have a table including the Questions to be answered in the inquiry. The table can be supported by a space to add : What else, or ramarks? Mn-imhotep (talk) 08:22, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
At least in German Wikipedia the link for participation has been shared publicly. It has just been pasted to discussion page of selected user. Looks like everybody could participate using this public link not only randomly selected users. Also the information message posted is badly translated to german. I first though it's a spam message or something alike. --Häuslebauer (talk) 20:41, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
- You are really asking how satisfied we are with WMF? With this lousy translation? --Informationswiedergutmachung (talk) 21:45, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, I apologize if the translation was bad. We had two people working on the translation, and checking it over on this translation page. Do you have any suggestions for how to get more people involved with translating this kind of thing? We'd love to get more people involved.
Confused about scope of survey
The survey asks about "the technical support provided by the Wikimedia Foundation" – is that as opposed to tech support provided by the volunteer community, or including it? If the former, I would have no opinion, as I am generally not aware of whether the people who have helped me are employees or volunteers. – Fayenatic london (talk) 21:56, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, we're asking about staff support. If you're not sure whether the people are employees or volunteers, that's a valid response -- voting "no opinion" helps us to see that and track it over time. DannyH (WMF) (talk) 22:53, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
No questions about Wikidata
The translation in the page https://wikimedia.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eVTVoq38R4Rtmol is so bad that I could not understand the questions well until I found the page Research:Tech_support_satisfaction_poll/Questions#Questions. 新規作成 (talk) 09:58, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
- Have the same problem, https://wikimedia.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2bP6mYSKj3cSDul--578985s (talk) 14:06, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
- I'm sorry the translation didn't work for you -- we had volunteers helping us translate the questions on this translation page. If you'd like to help us with translation in the future, or you have an idea for how to get more volunteers, please let us know. We'd like to have more people helping us with this. DannyH (WMF) (talk) 22:56, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi, 2 bots have been selected for the French Wikipedia (AkeronBot and Salebot), the selection process should avoid bot. Research:Tech support satisfaction poll/Target lists/French also include an IP address. Should I respond for my bot account ? change the name with mine in the list ? or ignore the message ? Akeron (talk) 17:25, 16 October 2015 (UTC)