|description||"Action the user took:
- impression: Help button is shown to user
- open: User opens panel
- close: User closes panel
- ask-help: User advances from the home panel to the ask-help panel (formerly called the question review panel)
- general-help: User advances from the home panel to the general-help panel
- suggested-edits: User advances from the home panel to the suggested-edits panel, which contains suggestion-specific guidance content
- back-home: User goes back from the ask-question panel, general help panel, or suggested edits panel to the home panel
- back-general-help: User goes back from the search panel to the general help panel
- link-click: User clicks a link in the panel
- enter-question-text: User enters text into the question field
- submit-attempt: User clicks the button to submit their question
- submit-success: Question is successfully submitted
- submit-failure: Question submission fails
- cog-open: User opens the cog menu
- cog-close: User closes the cog menu
- search: User searches help content
- search-focus: User focuses the search input
- guidance-tab-click: User clicks on one of the tipset tabs in the suggested edits panel.
- peek-impression: User sees the mobile peek (used on article pages during the suggested edit workflow).
- peek-tap: User taps on the mobile peek to open the help panel.
-peek-dismiss: User dismisses the mobile peek.
- postedit-impression: postedit panel is shown to the user
- postedit-close: postedit panel is closed by the user
- postedit-link-click: one of the postedit panel buttons is clicked by the user
- postedit-task-click: the task card in the postedit panel is clicked by the user"|
|description||"Additional data for certain actions:
For action=impression and action=peek-impression:
- taskType: type of the suggested edit task (only when the user is in the suggested edit workflow).
For action=link-click: symbolic name of the link being clicked. This could be:
- suggested-edits-faq: The link to the suggested edits feature FAQ on mediawiki.org
- help-desk: The link to the help desk on the ask-question panel
- view-more: The 'view more help articles' link on the general help panel
- view-question: The 'view your question' link in the question complete panel
- special-change-email: The link or button pointing to Special:ChangeEmail in the question complete panel
- special-confirm-email: The link or button pointing to Special:ConfirmEmail in the question complete panel
- special-preferences: The 'disable this tool in preferences link' in the settings dropdown
- more-about-this-feature: The 'more about this feature' link in the settings dropdown
- search-result-N (where N is an integer): The Nth search result in the search mode of the general help panel; N starts at 1
- guidance-TASKTYPE-tipset-N: a link in the contents of the N-th tab =1-based) of the guidance for the given task type.
- One of the IDs configured in $wgGEHelpPanelLinks, for the configurable links shown on the general help panel
For action=submit-attempt: an object consisting of the following fields:
- question_length: character count of the question
- include_title: whether the option to include the title was used
- had_email: whether the user had an email address set when before posting the question
- had_email_confirmed: whether that address was confirmed
For action=submit-success: an object consisting of the following fields:
- revision_id: revision ID of the edit adding the question
For action=guidance-tab-click and action=guidance-tab-advance:
- taskType: task type ID
- tabName: tab name
- type: 'full' when the panel is shown with a task card, 'small' when the panel is intentionally shown without a task, 'error' when the task is omitted due to some error.
- newcomerTaskToken: (type=full only) a token that can be used to connect this to a NewcomerTaskImpression event.
- error: (type=error only) error message
- savedTaskType: type of the suggested edit task that has just been saved
- userTaskTypes:(type=full only) the user's task type (difficulty) filter settings (array of strings)
- userTopics: (type=full only) the user's topic filter settings (array of strings, omitted when not filtering for topics)
- newcomerTaskToken: a token that can be used to connect this to a NewcomerTaskImpression event.
For action=postedit-link-click: symbolic name of the link being clicked. This could be:
- homepage: return to homepage button
- edit: edit again button"|
|description||"The user id."|
|description||"The total number of edits of the user."|
|description||"The context in which the panel appears: during editing, during viewing a page, as a notice after saving, or on the homepage."|
|description||"The type of editor used by the user. For context=editing, this is the editor being used right now. For context=postedit, it is the editor that was used for saving the page. For context=reading, it is the best guess what editor the user is going to use."|
|description||"Whether the page being viewed is a suggested task. (This roughly means that the user navigated there via the suggested edits interface.) Omitted on the homepage."|
|description||"Whether the mobile site is being used."|
|description||"ID of the page the user is attempting to edit."|
|description||"Full title of the page the user is attempting to edit, including namespace (wgPageName format). This is needed to log edit activity on redlinks, as pageId is not available."|
|description||"Namespace ID of the page the user is attempting to edit."|
|description||"Whether the user is allowed to edit the page. This will be false if e.g. the page is protected or the user is blocked."|
|description||"For protected pages, the permission level required to create, edit, or move the page. Unset for unprotected pages."|
|description||"One-time token per page load. This is like page_token and has the same behavior, but it isn't obtained through getPageViewToken(), so its value is different."|