|used by||revision||When deployed||active hosts||notes|
|GettingStarted (code inE3Experiments' openTask)||4993508||2013-01-10||enwiki||returnto as well as tasks. events loaded into SQL table starting 2013-01-15|
|GettingStarted (code inE3Experiments' openTask)||4876947||2013-01-02||enwiki||initial funnel on clicks|
Disabled in 2013-01-10 deployment which enabled similar funnels for Schema:GettingStarted.
returnTo, not referrer
On the welcomecreation page, the user sees "Return to Sandbox". I think you want to log this. It's not "referrer" which will be Special:Userlogin?type=signup page
- it should be called returnTo. onboarding.js logs the title of the link, similar to OpenTask's article.
- Note that from a redlink, the title may be "Page Title (page does not exist)", which means edits to Page Tile won't be noted.
- maybe there should be a separate returnToExists boolean, which I'll set to false. But there are issues if the page is a Special page
DarTar would like to know the protection status of the page (which ones?).
- I think server-side code can get this with
$this->getTitle()->quickUserCan( 'edit' ), with the caveat "May provide false positives, but should never provide a false negative." probably because it calls userCan() with $doExpensiveQueries=false.
- might be able to determine the protection status for the returnTo page on the server in welcomecreation
- Client-side can't tell on its own. It could log mw.config.get[ 'wgRestrictionEdit' ].join( ' ' ), wgRestrictionEdit contains things like 'autoconfirmed' or 'admin'.
userName and userID?
authenticated should be anon
Details on Research:Onboarding new Wikipedians/Logging