Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Sources/Cycle 3/Wikimedia Israel
What group or community is this source coming from?
|name of group||Wikimedia Israel|
|virtual location (page-link) or physical location (city/state/country)||Wikimedia israel facebook page|
|Location type (e.g. local wiki, Facebook, in-person discussion, telephone conference)||Facebook page|
|# of participants in this discussion (a rough count)||7|
|Line||Week #||Key insight||Summary Statement||Overall||Keyword|
|1||1||A||It's worth thinking about using bots, readers can ask a question and get back a reply from Wikipedia. Saves the 'hassle' of going to Google and searching. In whatsapp and other apps.||Supportive||Bots, Question, Search|
|2||1||A||The problem may be the length and detail that discourage young users. It is possible to establish Wiki groups on Facebook and Twitter whose goal will be to streamline the information in Wiki as succinctly as other Facebook groups do. Which will also allow for a brief discussion of the articles.||Supportive||Young users, Facebook, Twitter, Streamline, article|
|3||1||A||We need to make a video explaining how to make intelligent use of Wikipedia, which shows how to combine the information offered with personal knowledge and other sources. To cross-check and correct errors during the process||Supportive||Video, Explain, Check, Information|
|4||1||A||Wikipedia must be super-interactive. We need to allow different comments on the text (both for yourself and others / the general public). Enable tagging people for different articles / phrases within an article. Each article should have a sub-forum that will allow people to conduct discussions about it. We should also develop the search.||Supportive||Interactive, Wikipedia, Tagging, Search|
|5||1||A||It is desirable to expand the information to less formalistic and rigid details. The conservatism of the dominant Wikipedia editors is, in my opinion, a hindrance||Supportive||Formalistic, Details, Expand|
|6||1||A||We should consider creating digital training courses through a dedicated website.||Supportive||Training courses, Digital|
|7||1||A||We have to work more with schools, including lessons on how to edit Wikipedia, and the principles that are important to pay attention to||Supportive||Schools, Lessons|
If you need more lines, you can copy them from Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Sources/Lines.
Fill in the table below, using these 2 keys.
- Key Insight
- The Western encyclopedia model is not serving the evolving needs of people who want to learn.
- Knowledge sharing has become highly social across the globe.
- Much of the world's knowledge is yet to be documented on our sites and it requires new ways to integrate and verify sources.
- The discovery and sharing of trusted information have historically continued to evolve.
- Trends in misinformation are increasing and may challenge the ability for Wikimedians to find trustworthy sources of knowledge.
- Mobile will continue to grow. Products will evolve and use new technologies such as artificial intelligence, augmented reality, and virtual reality. These will change how we create, present, and distribute knowledge.
- As the world population undergoes major shifts, the Wikimedia movement has an opportunity to help improve the knowledge available in more places and to more people.
- Readers in seven of our most active countries have little understanding of how Wikipedia works, is structured, is funded, and how content is created.
- Overall (either)
Detailed notes (Optional)
If you have detailed notes in addition to the summary, you may add them here. For example, the notes may come from an in-person discussion or workshop. If your discussion happened on a wiki or other online space, you do not need to copy the detailed notes here.