Jump to navigation Jump to search
Potential advocacy areas
I added the following advocacy items, based on Dimi's suggestion on Advocacy Advisors. These are only a starting point for discussion -- feel free to add new topics or re-structure the list. - Stephen LaPorte (WMF) (talk) 20:42, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
- Fundamental goals
- Shorten (or prevent extension) of copyright terms
- Raising threshold for required added creativity
- Standardized limitations and exceptions
- Opt-in copyright system (like patent law)
- Issue-oriented goals
- Government Works (We need to discuss the relationship between government works/publicly funded works and what we want to go for.)
- Freedom of Panorama
- Orphan Works
- Open Access/Open Educational Resources (in OA we want freely licensed content, therefore I am grouping these two together)
There are two things about the above list I'd like to have discussed:
- Should we concentrate on government created works or on government funded works or on publicly funded works?
- Is it enough to talk about opt-in copyright or do we need to also specifically mention orphan works?
--Dimi z (talk) 21:00, 23 October 2013 (UTC)
- I think each of these three need the attention. The first priority is the government created works.
- I think it would be good to mention orphan works as that is probably less problematic.
- Romaine (talk) 16:28, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
- Just also wanted to add, that most of the above is in line with the Strategic Planning, at least on the movement's side. --Dimi z (talk) 12:08, 4 December 2013 (UTC)