Talk:COVID-19 support for Wikimedians/India
This page is for discussions related to the COVID-19 support for Wikimedians/India page.
Please remember to:
|Please do not post personal information such as email address, phone number or bills, invoice, or any such information here. Please email wmwmcis-india.org for such communication.|
- Hello Deryckchan, this particular initiative is funded by WMF, through A2K's (APG) program and this does not have an option to donate. Thanks for your kind message. If the program gets expanded requiring donations, we'll let you know. Regards. -- টিটো দত্ত (কথা) 08:27, 3 May 2021 (UTC)
add minimum financial support for non-government contributors
Thanks indeed for this initatives. i filled the google support form. More than a decade (SUL), i am contributing for Tamil WMF projects. Due to my community friend's support, i am still practicing in WMF projects. As a private legal typist, i am earning a low income 1.2 to 1.5 lakh INR per annum. My laptop, my internet connectivity, etc., are gifted by CIS (INDIA) and also from my community friends. I travelled many Indic meet-ups which are arranged by the CIS. During that time, i meet many other Indic community friends. Kindly select atleast 2 contributors from each Indic community and give financial stipend support (per month around Rs.3000-00) for a year.--Info-farmer (talk) 09:51, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hello Info-farmer, I do not have an answer or solution to your question/request. I'll forward the suggestion to CIS team, and also to WMF. Regards. --Tito (CIS-A2K) (talk) 15:55, 6 May 2021 (UTC)
- I hope. Indic languages needs specific strategies for the WMF movement which are totally different from western movement. For example, c:File:Tamil-Nadu-Nationalized-Books-Public-Domain-Declaration.jpg. In western countries, there is no such scheme. --Info-farmer (talk) 01:56, 7 May 2021 (UTC)
Can we leverage this GoFundMe campaign?
Frankly, I was expecting to see a donations link on Google's main google.com page by now, but perhaps we can--as a stopgap measure--ask that such links be included on a Wikimedia- wide global site notice to set an example for the for-profits. My understanding is that this should be proposed on email to wikimedia-l, so please do so to second this motion. Thank you. 2601:647:4D00:2C40:D4C6:B464:AD8:7BF2 17:26, 10 May 2021 (UTC)
My understanding is that the most severe shortage at present is inhalation-grade oxygen tanks and pressurized oxygen generation equipment. Do we have the capacity to facilitate procurement and shipping of those? 2601:647:4D00:2C40:D4C6:B464:AD8:7BF2 17:29, 10 May 2021 (UTC)
- No, we don't have the capacity or the funds to do that. Sorry. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 06:25, 24 May 2021 (UTC)
Found defective item inside Covid-19 safety kit
Hii COVID-19 support team/India.
Today afternoon, I have received your COVID-19 safety kit. I checked those all items properly but Pulse Oximeter is a defective device. After properly inserting batteries inside that device and pressing that's switch ON button. Oximeter not displaying anything as well light indicator also not working. Durga Soren (talk) 15:10, 22 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hello, K. N. Medini from our co-ordination team is co-ordinating on this. Regards. -- টিটো দত্ত (কথা) 04:41, 25 May 2021 (UTC)
Is this support materials available Non volunteers too? Cz, for example, I am not needy but someone in my neighbors or my village may be needed. If yes, how to apply for that?
- Sorry, we have limited capacity only to support the WIkimedia volunteers. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 06:27, 24 May 2021 (UTC)
Found defective item/COVID-19 sefety kit
Hi! @Titodutta: @Bodhisattwa: COVID-19 support team/India, I received my Consignment COVID-19 safety kit that gifted by CIS-A2K. But in the kit pulse oximeter doesn't working even not switch ON. And I have mailed to KN Medini but I didn't get any response from her/him. waiting your response. Thanks! -J. Ansari Talk 15:05, 29 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hello User:J ansari, actually the email id to contact is wmwmcis-india.org. Could you please forward the same email to the mentioned address? We are double-checking to ensure quality. Once we get your email we will take it forward from there. Regards. -- টিটো দত্ত (কথা) 19:02, 31 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hi CIS-A2K, COVID-19 support team, Thanks for sending the kit. Unfortunately, the supplied pulse oximeter is not turning on and I have also mailed to CIS- A2K team (wmwmcis-india.org) . --Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 07:08, 27 June 2021 (UTC)