- 1 Questions? Suggestions? Bug reports? Please leave your feedback here!
Questions? Suggestions? Bug reports? Please leave your feedback here!
To ensure that your feedback is actionable for our developers, please be sure to include your device and browser information when leaving bug reports or feature suggestions. Thank you! Maryana (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 13 October 2012 (UTC)
Great new UI! Quickly tested on iPhone5 iOS6.0 Safari latest (?) and found a couple of problems: 1) the blue selector shows on the right, opens without any action, icon or link 2) Collapsable menus in pages do not open (no visual clue they would open or bring the user to a new page, anyway. Moreover: when clicking on the search it is somehow nice but also disturbing that the browser top bars appears and then disappears quickly. A blue selector appears on search results when scrolling. I hope that helps. Francesco.
- We've just removed the blue navigation tab, which was a deprecated experimental feature. I'm not sure why you're having trouble getting the sections to open – does nothing happen when you tap the arrow to the right of the header?
- That's good feedback about the search bar jump. I agree it's a bit jarring. Thanks for your comments! Maryana (WMF) (talk) 18:42, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
- It should, yes. We do have some known issues with navbox and table displays, though (working to fix that). Are there any specific problems with navboxes that you're noticing? Maryana (WMF) (talk) 22:33, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
- I see it does load hlist. But they generally look like a trainwreck with wrapping all messed up (at least on Chrome). Where is the core CSS for mobile?
I realise it is not listed as a supported platform, but Firefox on Android has at least one bug for me. The beta opt in landing page the text on the yes/no buttons is not on the buttons and is therefore very hard to see.
On iPhone (4 iOS 6) the little x top-right to hide the fundraiser banner has a very small click-zone. Several attempts to hide the banner resulted in so many jumps to donation page. One would need to zoom-in to click it (and not everyone would realize that is a workaround).
- Hmm, you shouldn't be seeing fundraising banners at all on the mobile gateway (en.m.wikipedia.org if you're on English Wikipedia)! Can you let me know which project you were viewing (e.g., English Wikipedia, another language Wikipedia, a sister project like Wiktionary, etc.)?
- Also, are you sure you're not viewing the regular desktop site (en.wikipedia.org) on your phone instead? If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the desktop site, you can switch to the mobile view, and it should persist for you next time you visit Wikipedia on your phone. Sometimes there are cookie issues, so please let me know if it's working for you :) Maryana (WMF) (talk) 18:55, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
I'm using Opera Mobile 184.108.40.206701 on iPod Touch 2nd gen, iOS 4.2.1. I'm seeing three problems with the new mobile interface:
- If you tap in the "Search Wikipedia" field, the text "Search Wikipedia" does not disappear and has to be deleted by the user.
- The articles don't have any table of contents.
- The pictures and infoboxes at the beginning of articles are cut off (see e.g. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lindbergh )
- Hi AxelBoldt – thanks for the bug reports. We've purposefully restricted our browser matrix for the Beta, since it's meant to be an experimental staging site and we want to ship features to it quickly and iteratively. We offer some Opera support, but you're not going to see the full features on iOS 4 and older. Maryana (WMF) (talk) 17:10, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
Safari / Chrome on iPhone 5
- When editing, every paragraph has a textbox and each textbox only has about 2 lines visible. Seems a little small?
- It'd be nice if a dialogue appeared when leaving edit mode (but only if changes have been made), similar to how it's currently done in desktop mode.
- I tried editing a page, did not submit. Clicked on a link (or searched in search bar). Then clicked back and the page showed up as loading indefinitely or brought the read-only page.
Great progress! Keep it up :) 220.127.116.11 16:38, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the feedback! I agree with your first two suggestions: we'll try out bigger input boxes and some indication that the edit was saved successfully in the next iterations. And yes, I encountered the leaving edit mode problem, too. Will be fixed :) Maryana (WMF) (talk) 17:36, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
- Regarding number 2. It's referring to when leaving an editing pages, it should prompt "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved." Or something of that sort like it currently does on desktop. Thanks 18.104.22.168 18:41, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
Chrome on Android Jelly Bean 4.1
I'll try to say it in English.
I tried to activate the Beta option on a ASUS TF700 with Firefox, Chrome and the native navigator, without success. I'm on Android 4.1.1
On the setting page, I have 2 options (French version) : « Images » and « Beta ». I cannot activate neither one or the other. The options don't react to my touch. -Simon Villeneuve 13:49, 7 December 2012 (UTC)
Oh, under the menu button on the upper left I can see my watchlist, among other things. Very good. So, on the watchlist I see a change, and hit it. Alas, this is a dead end with only little information. How many bytes added, when, by whom, and the privileges of that editor. No actual comparisons. Also no obvious way to see more than a couple hours of my too-big watchlist. I imagine this will eventually not be a dashed hope. This on my HTC EVO V 4G, Android 4.0. Jim.henderson (talk) 04:44, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
- Yep, we're still working on the diff view; it should be available in the next week or two. Not dashing your hopes, just delaying them a tiny bit :) As for the time/length problem: that's odd. It should be showing you the last 3 days' worth of changes. What watchlist preferences/gadgets do you have enabled on the regular desktop site? Maryana (WMF) (talk) 18:10, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
- Obviously a beta version requires user patience. Nothing odd in my watchlist prefs; 3 days, 250 max expanded, no expanded watchlist, no hides, no gadgets. MSIE 9 under Vista. Oh, that's what I'm typing this on. On the road with mobile Beta it's Android 4.1 stock browser running on HTC EVO V4C phone. Jim.henderson (talk) 13:25, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
I'm about to hit the road for a Wikiphotographic daytrip, so this will be brief and hasty. A button for first picture on every article? Even disambiguators? Needs more study aimed towards selectivity. Like, opt out according to article categories, or opt in according to "Image requested" template on the article talk page. Or something. As usual the Commons categorization bot is terribly stupid but manual corrections later are not difficult. What should be repaired is the making of an "Information" template and other formatting issues. Even nicer if the uploader had the instant geotagger and other pleasant features of the Upload Wizard, but I assume such a wish brings in complications beyond my technical range. Is there a page about the upload button? Jim.henderson (talk) 13:25, 13 December 2012 (UTC)
- Heh. So far out of the loop, I didn't know MediaWiki is a distinct wiki from this Meta one. So, the place for the workings of the upload button is perhaps at  unless, no surprise, I'm still failing to understand an important distinction. Jim.henderson (talk) 21:18, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
Report bug (or not)
I found this. Is it a bug? Kind regards, ™ 21:04, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
[Mobile feedback] Allgemeine Rückmeldung
Source: WikipediaMobile/1.2 für iOS
ich hätte drei Anregungen zu euer App, die für mich sehr wichtig wären und euch so von bspw Wikipanion (das diese Funktionen nämlich bereits unterstützt) abheben würde:
- vermisse ich eine Suchfunktion, mit der man den Artikel auf Stichwörter durchsuchen kann,
- wünsche ich mir einen Button, mit dem man das Inhaltsverzeichnis aufrufen und so von Abschnitt zu Abschnitt springen kann (anstelle oder zusätzlich zu den eingeklappten Abschnitten) und
- fände ich eine Verlauf-Funktion cool, bei der man seine letzten gelesenen Artikel sehen kann
Außerdem wäre es für mich als Wikipedianer toll, wenn ich im App die Artikel bearbeiten könnte und dafür nicht die normale Computerversion in Safari benutzen muss. Inzwischen gibt es ja nun auch in Safari eine mobile Anmeldungsfunktion, doch die funktioniert bei mir zB. oftmals nicht (so kann ich die Beobachtungsliste oft nicht aufrufen, weil ich angeblich nicht angemeldet sei, was aber nicht stimmt). Diese Funktion könnte man ja direkt in die App übernehmen.
Ansonsten super App!
Grüße 22.214.171.124 03:15, 28 March 2013 (UTC)