Talk:Requests for comment/-jkb-
Regarding the speedy deletion and this note from Joergens.mi, I dont want to comment on the appropriateness of deleting this page, but I do want to note that White Cat has withdrawn his concerns about -jkb-, and that should be seen as a step in the right direction.
White Cat is quickly learning a lot about Wikisource, and sadly he has learnt some of it the hard way. He still wants to help, and is going to focus on working on the English subdomain, consulting with the community there to try to ensure that quality of the edits improves in the future. John Vandenberg 08:34, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
- I do not want to decide if this should be deleted or not, I think it should not; but, before reading this page a made a notice for White Cat [here], -jkb- 08:51, 21 March 2008 (UTC)
- If White Cat will help, there schouldn't be a problem. I think when he has gathered some experience on the en.ws, nobody would mind if he puts a request on the scriptoriums page with the information what he wants to offer and some proofs that his bot is working fine. On the other hand the source business is a little different from wikipedia, combining and changing links needs some detailed historical knowledge otherwise things may go wrong. But this is a think which can be solved together --Joergens.mi 18:17, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
- Sure. And, I think White Cat saw it, I deblocked his bot next day not to make him the Easter holidays that sad :-), -jkb- 18:43, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
- I'm highly sceptical if he or she learned from this experience. On Japanese Wikinews, while I said his requests should go to our public fora, like ja:n:WN:BR, he still tries to get sysops' personal favor. And his last attempt was made today (cf. ja:n:User talk:Marine-Blue. --Aphaia 15:51, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
- Aphaia, I'm afraid the users from de.source will give you right. -jkb- 18:32, 3 April 2008 (UTC)