What is the best way to congregate and communicate volunteer opportunities to current Wikimedians and people who might not have otherwise considered being involved with the organization. Please post thoughts
Sample descriptions of Volunteer roles
Volunteer Assignment Description (VAD)
- Moderator (I.e. A trusted volunteer who can make Minor edits and Mark articles for higher-ranked staff)
Minimum duration of commitment
- i.e. 4 months with 8 hours per week; 1 hour; as necessary; as necessary for 1 year
Description This is an at-will volunteer assignment to...... The volunteer will work with......
- Work with a person in charge of a certain area of the wiki, the same one that the moderator is assigned to
- Spending X amount of time on the wiki
- Perhaps checking a certain part of the wiki assigned to them
- Editing and/or reporting to higher-ranked staff
- The volunteer will develop and/or agree to a work plan and communicate progress regularly to the team/lead.
- The volunteer is expected to advise their project team/or team lead in the case of an unexpected absence from their scheduled appointments.
- The volunteer's team lead is expected to provide the support and direction required for the volunteer to successfully complete their project.
Opportunities(What can the volunteer expect to get out of doing the role)
- Training on working with wikis
- Gain insight into the world's biggest volunteer network
- Certificate of completion of service hours
- Work with a global network of volunteer experts
- Make a profound impact in the outreach for the 4th most visited web property in the world