A fresh start
Time for a fresh start for Wikijunior here on Meta. The information here is badly out of date. I'm being bold and fixing it. --Xixtas 01:09, 11 February 2007 (UTC)
There are two important guidelines being developed at English Wikijunior. One is a revision of "What is Wikijunior" and the other is a "Style Guide". These documents substantially add to what has been done here on Meta and expand the scope of books that can be created under the Wikijunior umbrella. Please review. -- Xixtas 04:42, 15 March 2007 (UTC)
- b:Wikibooks:Wikijunior:What_is_Wikijunior funny name ;-)
- Maybe b:Wikibooks:Wikijunior:About or shoter b:Wikijunior:About like b:Wikibooks:About,?
- -- MichaelFrey 17:43, 16 March 2007 (UTC)
- This is a result of a Wikibooks admin who went through and moved quite a few Wikibooks pages around to fit his notion of where policy pages ought to belong. I don't completely agree with the changes he made here, as your original suggestion of b:Wikibooks:About was where some of these pages were originally located at. I have chosen not to try and engage in wheel warring on this issue, as it would have been very easy to do that in this case.
- With the creation of an independent Wikijunior namespace on en.wikibooks, the rationale for renaming pages about Wikijunior policies back to just "Wikijunior: xxxx" makes much more sense. And you don't need an admin account (in most cases) to be able to make these changes. If you do have some problems renaming pages, let me know on my Wikibooks talk page. --Roberth 07:38, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- I know how to rename pages ;-)  
- But I don't change such things in project where I'm only a "little contributor".
- An other problem are the internal rules ... Who know all rules of all projects? ;-)
- -- MichaelFrey 17:06, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- It is good to be cautious.... I'm just trying to explain why they may be named the way they are. Some of the pages (due to vandalism) may also be move protected, which is why I suggested asking me or another admin to help with some of the changes. If you want to gain commnity concensus on making these changes, I would suggest making the request on b:Talk:Wikijunior instead of this page. It doesn't get that much traffic, so don't expect a response right away, but you will get some discussion about the concept and this is an issue that pertains only to the English Language version of Wikijunior. --Roberth 18:34, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- I do not know how that page got that particular name (I hope it wasn't me.) I am waiting for the namespace change to come through to rename various Wikijunior pages including that one. --Xixtas 22:06, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
Can A "junior" actually write WikiJunior? Because it is for ages "8-11", I am 11 but will be turning 12 in Spring. Anonymous1 20:34, 16 October 2007 (UTC)
- Of course they can. It's not like kids write books for kids... Majorly (talk) 20:38, 16 October 2007 (UTC)
Have A Wikibooks Admin or Sysop read this
Some text has been added to  and I think it should atleast move it from sparce text to developing text.
- You're right. I've done this. Xixtas 15:01, 10 January 2010 (UTC)
How much longer till a logo is "officially" chosen? --Turn685 17:51, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
- Its two years down the line and still in limbo.--02:12, 5 February 2013 (UTC)
Let's start again
I am looking to speak with community members who can through light how we can start fresh. Rajeeb (talk) 09:50, 4 September 2020 (UTC)