Talk:Wikimedia CEE Meeting
Please leave any questions related with the meetup on this talk page
What date we are actually planning to make it at? According to the mail communication, the meting seemed to be rather targeted to the march... I am pondering here a bit :), because from the organization point of view, this might make quite a difference for us. (Just my opinion now) We do have internal Wikimedian/Wikipedian conference in Czech Republic at the end/in-the-midst-of of December, so to speak, if the CEE meeting would be too close to it, we might get bit overheated here :)))). --Reo On|+|+ 10:04, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
Nice to meet you :)
Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce myself. I'm the Wikimedia Foundation's education program manager for Eastern Europe and CEE. I'm very interested in getting to know you, to learn more about the work being done in your countries and communities around Wikimedia projects in education, and to see how I may be able to participate in and support your work in the future. You can reach me on my talk page. You can find me on IRC as: AnnaKoval. You can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. I am also on Facebook and Twitter. I hope we will talk soon. All the best, Anna Koval (WMF) (talk) 19:44, 1 August 2014 (UTC)
How to Choose a Host?
During a Wikimedia CEE meetup during Wikimania 2016 we started a discussion on how to choose a host for Wikimedia CEE Meetings, how to organise the process. The main issues (criteria) to take into account are:
- avoidance of possible burnout of volunteers preparing big formal bids and not getting to host the event (like it was for Wikimania)
- lowering the costs (travel, venue, accommodation etc)
- taking into account visa issues
- shall we limit the number of participants/scholarships?
- shall we limit the number of affiliates joining?
There are a few ways to address the question (having a simple checklist for the things (criteria) to consider, a very draft budget etc). Also we need to think if we need to establish a committee choosing the host. And the decision is also time sensitive, as it is wise to have a host declared on CEEM 2016, so the chosen team can start working soon. Your input is welcome! --アンタナナ 16:59, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
- P.S. Etherpad is here: wikimania2016-ceemeetup --アンタナナ 16:59, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
- P.P.S. A very important opportunity: WMDE can provide a spot for the host country in the organization team of the Wikimedia Conference (some kind of paid internship)
Criteria: what is important to consider?
- countries that already hosted the event should be considered only if no new countries apply
- the city and project leader should be the only requirement 1 year in advance; those are needed mainly for evaluating travel costs (my understanding is this is the main spending)--Strainu (talk) 15:31, 25 June 2016 (UTC)
WMCEE Committee: do we need it? How to establish it?
One representative per country is too much. 5-7 people in the selection committee should be enough. We shouldn't be ashamed to ask for support from current or previous members of the Wikimania committee.--Strainu (talk) 15:32, 25 June 2016 (UTC)