Tell us about Punjabi Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- I am unaware since I just joined and haven't contacted around. I used to contact off account before. RonnieSingh (talk) 22:00, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- Do you have special contacts with other Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
- I do translate sometimes from Hindi, Urdu and Western Punjabi Wikipedias. I do so with English too, but that's comparatively rarer. RonnieSingh (talk) 22:00, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
Organization and support
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- Who (else) supports you?
- What does the public outreach for your edition look like? Do you have flyers, give lectures, training etc.?
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- Punjabipedia and Wester Punjabi Wikipedia (in a different script) exist. RonnieSingh (talk) 22:00, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
- Does your edition concentrate on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- Better articles are usually those which are about non-controversial topics in our community. RonnieSingh (talk) 22:00, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- Yes. It's mandatory to use it in formal work. One dialect dominates writing. RonnieSingh (talk) 22:00, 19 July 2017 (UTC)
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?