Checking for OA Links
In an ideal world, OPEN would be the default for researchers everywhere. In the real world, we are going to have to work hard to reach that goal. Here, at OAWiki, we are committed to including OA research wherever possible.
Those efforts start with YOU!
- While Wikipedia has made a committed effort to link sources to all claims, many of those are either not OA, or if they are OA a link is not provided for the user.
- We need your help to change that
- On this page you will find information designed to help you determine whether a link is OA.
- And, please remember, whenever you make an edit to Wikipedia, make sure to include the hashtag #OAWiki in the edit summary.
Note that if you would like to get started searching references for OA, go to our how to participate page
Checking for any citation link that is OA
The reference toolbar in the Wikitext editing interface, showing where to find the different types of citation styles.
- There are two options:
- In the first option, you can continue to look for the cited article in an OA database. Sometimes the link to the article that is included in Wikipedia is not OA but an OA option is available.
- In the second option you can start over and search for a new reference that is OA and supports the claim.
- Does the reference open to a paywall? If so, this is not OA.
- Continue to the next reference in the document
- Add an edit summary of your change that includes the hashtag #OA Wiki
- Click save below the edit summary box