Celebration of the Year of Sound
In 2022, radio in Switzerland celebrates its 100th anniversary. Wikimedia CH is taking this as an opportunity to designate 2022 as the Year of Sound. Noises, sounds, waves, instruments, music, historical moments - with this theme we open the field for any projects and activities around audio material - in Switzerland and abroad. We are interested in the sounds themselves, but also in their history and their connection with the development of our society in all its facets.
The program encompasses activities organized by the community, Wikimedia CH or initiated by a GLAM institution or like-minded organization, but mostly in collaboration within the community. If you are interested to participate in one of our events, please find out more about the planned activities in our events overview section.
During 2022, Wikimedia CH will support upcoming activities initiated by volunteers and / or Swiss cultural institutions, following the the Year of Sound. You can find further information on how to participate and contribute in the respective section. If you like to organize an event in collaboration with us, or you require support, please contact us at Wikimedia CH.
- On Tuesday, May 3, 2022, at the [Enter Museum] in Solothurn, a conference will be held on the topic “100 Years of Radio in Switzerland. How and when to celebrate?". You are welcome to submit your contribution by January 31, 2022 at http://enter.ch/100yearsofradio
- On Tuesday, June 14, 2022, the Swiss Archivist Association and the feministische Streikkollektiv Biel will air radio emissions on their chain Ultraviolet-t and collect podcast related to the theme "collect and preserve social movements". To participate and collaborate, please contact them (contactultraviolet-t.ch)
- On Saturday, November 5, 2022, at SBB Historic in Brugg / Windish, a Wikipedia Atelier will be held on the topic "Sounds of the Rail".
How to participate and contribute
Resources & Documentation
In this section we want to give you some inspiration about available resources in the Wiki universe but also external resources such as web archives and additional links. Moreover, we want to give you the opportunity to enrich the page with relevant resources, material and links about the 100 Year of Swiss Radio / Year of Sound.
Resources & Links
Below we collected some resources around "100 Years of Swiss Radio". Since this is a collaborative project, we invite you to add additional links, if relevant. When using material, please make sure you respect the copyright policies of the archives as well as the ones for the Wikimedia projects. If you are not sure, please contact the respective institution to clarify the rights and inform yourself if the material is either in public domain or available under a CC BY SA license.
- Fill the gaps in the list of animal sounds
- So tönt es in ... - Artikel über Städte oder Dörfer mit typischen Klängen ergänzen (Kirchenglocken, traditionelle Anlässe, Geräusche aus dem Alltag...)
- Lingua Libre, participative linguistic media library
- MUSEO DELLA RADIO - The story of the Radio since Guglielmo Marconi (1895) up to today.
- The book "LE SON SUISSE - Une excellence mondiale" by Joseph Tarradellas, presented in Swiss television RTS 12:45 of December 14, 2021.
- Swiss Nationalisassiez Sound Archive (Fonoteca), Sound collections.
- Département audiovisuel, Bibliothèque de la Ville de La Chaux-de-Fonds: Sound collections.
- Sound collections at the Museum for Kommunication.
If you like to contribute to this Wikimedia project, you need support in the activities for International Archives Week, or you want to learn more about the association, contact us directly.
|For voluntary community|
|Kerstin Sonnekalb, presswikimedia.ch|