Jump to navigation Jump to search
Elements of quality articles
The best articles share certain qualities, which can serve as a model for you to strive for in your own work:
- A clear, easy-to-understand lead section, that is, the overview at the start of the article.
- A clear structure with several headings and subheadings arranged chronologically or by themes, with images or diagrams when appropriate.
- Balanced coverage of many aspects of the subject; with more important viewpoints getting more prominence in the article.
- Neutral coverage, written without bias toward a particular point of view, and representing disagreements according to their representation in reliable sources.
- Reliable sources are used throughout the article. For example, references to NASA rather than relying on an amateur's blog for information about Mars.