Jump to navigation Jump to search
How do I add an image to Wikipedia?
Once you've found or uploaded a useful image to Commons, you can attach it to a relevant Wikipedia article.
- Go to the article you want to add your image to.
- Click "Edit" in the section where you'd like to add your image.
- When the bar at the top of the page opens, click on the "Insert" tab, and select "Media" from the drop-down menu.
- Type in your file name. Wikipedia will run a search for that keyword and file name, and show you everything it finds in Commons.
- Find your image (or any image you want to use). Click on it.
- You'll see image details. Click the blue "Use this image" button to insert the image into the article.
- You'll be asked to enter a caption for the image. You can also click on "advanced settings" to access formatting options.
- Usually, a photo will go to the right of the article, at about 220 pixels wide.
- "Insert" the image. You'll see how it will appear in the page.
- If that's alright, click the blue "Save Page" button at the top right.
Presto! The image should appear right where you wanted it.