Translation of the week
This page is for the Wikipedia translation of the week.
Each week, starting on Monday, a stub or the first paragraph of an important article is chosen to be translated into as many languages (especially small languages) as possible.
Ideal candidates are 1) short, 2) easy to translate, 3) lead to potential translations of other topics. The goal is to have a wide range of topics covered in every language that we have. (See also: Proposed list of articles all languages should have and Minipedia, a project to create a collection of stub-articles.)
Please update the interwiki links on Wikidata of your language version of the article after each week's translation is finished so that all languages are linked to each other.
You can communicate with other translators or ask for help on Babylon, Wikimedia translation activity center.
This week (21)
The winner this week is en:Makapansgat.
Please list translations here.
Put your name next to your favorite candidate, along with the potential links in the article (some people may want to translate them too). Please vote at /Translation candidates.
Failed candidates are found at /Removed.
Interested translators who would like to participate in this project may list themselves here. Thank you in advance for your support. If you want to have the translation of the week delivered to your talk page each week, you may list yourself with the button below.
Past translations (2018)
- Week Heritage Day (South Africa)(en) — 4 languages before + 6 increase 1:
- Week Ambasse bey(en) — 3 languages before + 3 increase 2:
- Week Ruellia tuberosa(en) — 10 languages before + 2 increase 3:
- Week Blue laser(en) — 7 languages before + 4 increase 4:
- Week Rock relief(en) — 1 languages before + 2 increase 5:
- Week Rice paddy art(en) — 10 languages before + 2 increase 6:
- Week Cape Perpetua(en) — 3 languages before + 2 increase 7:
- Week Tanni Grey-Thompson(en) — 9 languages before + 2 increase 8:
- Week Owens Valley(en) — 10 languages before + 3 increase 9:
- Week 10: Adi Roche(en) — 2 languages before + 6 increase
- Week 11: Pilanesberg Game Reserve(en) — 9 languages before + 4 increase
- Week 12: Tape head cleaner(en) — 1 languages before + 5 increase
- Week 13: Luminous red nova(en) — 9 languages before + 5 increase
- Week 14: History of hearing aids(en) — 3 languages before + 7 increase
- Week 15: Liliana Segre(en) — 7 languages before + 4 increase
- Week 16: Royal Observatory, Cape of Good Hope(en) — 4 languages before + 4 increase
- Week 17: Signalling theory(en) — 8 languages before + 4 increase
- Week 18: Bouba/kiki effect(en) — 9 languages before + 2 increase
- Week 19: Automimicry(en) — 1 languages before + 5 increase
- Week 20: Usine Areva Malvési(fr) — 3 languages before + 4 increase
- Week 21: Makapansgat(en) — 8 languages before