User:BPirkle (WMF)/User Guide
A User Guide to: Bill Pirkle
- Monday-Thursday: 0830-1700
- Friday: varies
Earlier meetings are fine, and I can almost always make myself available for them with advance notice.
Later meetings are fine too, but availability varies.
See my calendar for afk/blocked/ooo times. These vary depending on family obligations.
Location/Timezone: Ponder, TX (near Dallas) (CST/CDT)
Preferred Name: Bill
How to talk to me:
- Slack, IRC and email
- Slack is probably faster than IRC or email
- In the event of a true emergency, please do not hesitate to call/text my cell phone. Seriously. The number is on office wiki. If you need me urgently and do not have access to office wiki, ask a staff member to contact me on your behalf and I will jump online ASAP.
Things that I like:
- Making/fixing things (physical stuff like houses, fences, cars, etc)
- College football (don't really care for pro, though)
- Video games that have engaging stories or interesting mechanics (not a big shooter/twitch gamer)
- Learning new things. And occasionally teaching something.
- Hanging out with family and friends
Things I’m bad at:
- Talking and thinking at the same time. If you need me to think in detail about something, I may need to do it offline and get back to you.
- Corollary: I'm pretty bad at collaborative coding. I'm happy to geek out about tech stuff, but prefer actual coding on my own.
- Saying "no" to stuff. I tend to let myself get overextended.
Anything else you should know about me:
- I'm an introvert who likes people. Social time is great, but I'll eventually need a break to recharge.
- My legal name is actually "Bill".