C. Scott Ananian is a Senior Software Engineer for the Wikimedia Foundation, working on the Parsoid project.
Previously, Dr. Ananian was a "fixer" for One Laptop per Child. He received his PhD in computer science from MIT, and before joining OLPC was a local activist and organizer for copyright issues. He organized Free Sklyarov Boston in July 2001, and in 2004 and 2005 was the lead programmer for the Election Incident Reporting System, which collected real-time data on elections across the US. He's a kernel hacker, advocate of voter verifiable elections, and part-time khipu researcher. Now he tries to build robust and reliable systems to allow kids and adults to discover, share, and learn.
A list of talks and presentations Dr. Ananian has given can be found on his user page on English Wikipedia.
- Pronouns: he / his / him
- E-mail: cananianwikimedia.org
- My username on the projects is cscott
- Mailing address is Wikimedia Foundation, 149 New Montgomery Street, Third Floor, San Francisco CA 94105
- My personal blog is http://cscott.net
cscottnet on Twitter
- @email@example.com on Mastodon
- LinkedIn profile