Frequently Asked Questions
My position at the Wikimedia Foundation
- Q: What is your position within the Wikimedia Foundation, and what does it entail?
- A: I am the Volunteer Coordinator for the Wikimedia Foundation. A large part of what I do from day to day is interact with members of the community regarding the Foundation and its projects.
- Q: I have a policy change suggestion (alternately, I disagree with a policy), who do I need to talk to?
- A: In my opinion, the best thing to do is to create the discussion here, on Meta. If you need people's attention, Meta:Babel is a good place to add it. Sending an email to foundation-l, linking the page in question.
Bear in mind that people might not always with your policy change ideas, and if there's a good deal of resistance, continuing to push for that change may have unexpected negative results from community members.
Identifying to the Foundation
- Q: May I get your opinion on (a Foundation-related matter) in your position as Volunteer Coordinator?
- Q: How do I identify to the Foundation for a restricted-access position?
- Q: What sorts of identification are allowed? Who determines this policy?
- Q: Can I wait until I know I'm elected before I identify?
- Q: I'm having a dispute with another user and/or that user is abusing the tools they've been granted. Can you resolve this for me?
- Q: I have a question regarding MediaWiki functionality, configuration, or setup. Can you help?
- Q: Our project would like to have a configuration change made that is not otherwise settable by local sysops. Can you do it?
- Q: Do these pants make my butt look big?
- A: Yes.