|Anonymität im Internet ist eine Illusion.|
Janwo = Dr. Jan Wohlgemuth
You can call me Jan, JanWo, or Doctor Wo; my preferred pronoun set: he/him/his.
If you have any questions, please leave me a note on my local/global talk page or send me an email.
Out of principle I do not have sock puppet accounts and I generally never make anonymous edits.
My Wiki history
I registered at :de:wp on 8 December 2005. Prior to that, I always refused invitations to contribute by friends and colleagues, saying that I wouldn't want to be part of something so untrustworthy. But then my mentor convinced me to co-teach a seminar involving MediaWiki Software. This led to the creation of Linguipedia, in which I held bureaucrat status. I am still editor-in-chief and administrator of its successor project Glottopedia. For a few years, I also ran the Wiki for a German online community (wiki.Jappy.com).
I am mostly active on Meta and on de:wp, id:wp and en:wp. Since September 2020, I am a member of the Language Committee.
Some shameless advertizing:
Glottopedia is a freely editable encyclopedia for linguists by linguists that is currently being built up. It will contain dictionary articles on all technical terms of linguistics and is multilingual. In addition, there are survey articles, biographical articles and language articles, potentially on all linguists and all languages. It is modeled on Wikipedia, and each registered user may create new articles or modify existing ones. But there are three important differences:
- Authors of Glottopedia articles should be trained linguists or students with a profound linguistic background.
- For this reason, authors have to create an account with their real names and log in before working on an article. In contrast to Wikipedia, anonymous editing is not allowed (in this regard, Glottopedia works like Citizendium).
- Articles in Glottopedia don't have to be intelligible to all. Some of them will refer to highly specialized phenomena and concepts, which will be relevant for only a small number of specialists.
|Users by language|
More about me
- Basic facts in triplets
- Born 1974 in Bavaria, grew up in Westphalia, 8 years in Saxony
- computer addict since 1984, internet addict since 1995, administrating and moderating stuff since 1997
- MA in linguistics 2002, PhD in linguistics 2008, not entirely given up the dream of becoming a professor
- currently based in Depok, West Java, Indonesia
- father, husband, dog owner
- caffeine addict, chocoholic, st(r)uck with ADHD
- glottonaut, photographer, model railway operator
- ex frequent traveler, ex reserve soldier, ex journalist
- zazen practitioner, chadō apprentice, karatedō novice (7th Kyū)
- Stuff on the web