User:Marta Malina Moraczewska/sandbox4
- 1 GLAM files and their reuse
- 2 Workshops
- 3 New registered users / editors
- 4 Articles
- 5 GOALS and outcomes
GLAM files and their reuse
The National Digital Archives
- The collaboration with the National Digital Archives (NAC) brought around 5000 files from the Narcyz Witczak-Witaczyński collection and 1700 files from 2 other collections of historic images by Polish photographers. The upload began in early 2018 and new files were gradually added to the category. See the collaboration description on Polish Wikipedia -->
- After consulting with Wikimedia Polska, the National Digital Archives have added a Public Domain statement concerning rights to images on their digital collection public page, which enables individual Wikimedians and other interested people to download and reuse the images.
- Since January 2018 when first uploads took place, altogether approximately 6400 files have beeen uploaded to Commons via the Narodowe Archiwum Cyfrowe upload.
- All files can be found in the Images from Narodowe Archiwum Cyfrowe category (alongside other 2000+ files uploaded by volunteer Wikimedians).
- Usage statistics: In November 2018, due to the celebrations of the Centenary of Polish Independence, the NAC files have been viewed in Wikipedia 9,105,255 times (and an average of around 4 million views per month). They illustrate 3,087 pages on 92 wikis.
The National Library of Poland
- A team of 15 employees of the National Library have participated in 3 editing trainings and meetups in order to add content, references, and links to Polish Wikipedia and illustrations and PDF files from the library to Wikimedia Commons. The files uploaded by the team are mainly portraits of important Polish writers, poets, journalists, actors and politicians, and covers or illustrations of literary works, and are used widely in Wikipedia.
- Plans were made at the end of 2018 to carry out a mass upload (several thousand images) of National Library images to Wikimedia Commons.
- The National Library contributed 700 images. All image files can be found in the Images contributed by the National Library in Warsaw category.
- Outreach dashboard for work done
- Usage statistics
Other GLAM materials
- The Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw contributed 100 CC-BY-SA licensed images of contemporary Polish art.
- The Regional Institute of Culture in Katowice also contributed a number of photographs from their archive.
New GLAM files and their use
|Number of files||Usage in articles||File views|
|Biblioteka Narodowa w Warszawie||673||1,077||1,085,009|
|Regionalny Instytut Kultury w Katowicach||50||81||109,549
(value for all 170 images)
|Narodowe Archiwum Cyfrowe||6400||4357
(value for all images from NAC)
(median monthly value for all images)
|Mazovian Digital Library||1395||-||-|
|Muzeum Sztuki Nowoczesnej w Warszawie||100||51||165,417|
|Museum of Warsaw||31||1||-|
|National Museum in Warsaw||10||-||-|
|Paderewski Secondary School in Katowice||200||55||37,072|
- 2 Art+Feminism workshops at the Museum of Art in Lodz. See Outreach Dashboard for attendees.
- 2 workshops at the National Library in Warsaw. See Outreach Dashboard for project members.
- 2 workshops at the Regional Institute of Culture in Katowice. See Outreach Dashboard for project members.
- 2 workshops at the Goethe Institut. See list of attendees.
- 3 workshops at the University of Lodz Philology Department (attendees as above -- the Goethe Institut project).
- 1 workshop for City Culture Institute. See list of attendees.
- 1 workshop at the Adam Mickiewicz Institute. See list of attendees.
- 1 workshop as part of the 'Open Culture Workshop' with 4 museums.
TOTAL: We conducted 14 GLAM-Wiki workshops.
New registered users / editors
As a result of our GLAM workshops we gained a number of new editors and met the expected number of 40 new users. Many of these users continue editing as part of longer-term collaborations, for example, the National Library of Poland team.
- National Library of Poland, Warsaw – 15 new editors
- Art+Feminism, Museum of Art, Łódź – 8 new editors
- Regional Institute of Culture in Katowice – 10 new editors
- Open Culture Workshop – 1 new editor
- Adam Mickiewicz Institute – 9 new editors
- Goethe Institut – 23 new editors
- WRO Art Center – 3 new editors
- Instytut Kultury Miejskiej, Gdańsk – 10 new editors
- Ethno-wiki Tuesdays – 6 new editors
List of users registered during GLAM workshops in 2018
Darinastrock, TeenPregnancy, IronMonix, Rubinydwa, Pingwinia mafia, Łukasz Paweł Szyszkowski, Dzoanka11, Minshockt, KarolinaHJ, Aleksandra.Kowalczyk2, Fra diavalo2, Galiandor, ShadowMON134, Michalina0k, Viawoclaw, Wylic, NataliaFiedler, Ola krz3minska, Zło, Aplusmil, Fibibb, Koalacja, EviN, Marta Frączyk, Georgiana Diana, Janusz Drzewucki, Maciek sikorski, Anna Myśliwska, Anna Sawa, Mmarta anna, Nieiskrzenie, Dkwp, LulekCzarny, Jmajkowska, Miednica, Paulina Tanska, Stefania Kufel, Marta-Zuzanna, Julia Włazińska, Anka Leśniak, Nikolaannaadamus, Białewakacje, VillemoLind, Pklos, Ewa Behrens, Dominika Szpos, PioRyg, A Syska, Bożena Ferdyn-Janik, Zofia R, Rękawiczka, Mrikonas, IzaWCAG, Klementynafa, Fugawielogłosowa, Lapis 333, Paula Strugińska, sssfinksss, Alina Markiewicz, KlaudiaFic, AnnDar, Kasia Krawczyk, Ansykra, AnkeWiki, Jowitozaur, AniaDziecz, Krzysztof Dobrowolski, Basia Kregiel, Dagrimes, Jan Pawlicki (MH), Żaneta Wan, Szymon Różyłów, paweł harapiński, Rzeplińska Klaudia, Patryycja.
TOTAL: 75 new editors have registered via GLAM workshops and events.
Wikimedians who participated in GLAM programs (online or during live events -- helping new editors, corresponding with new editors, organising events, solving technical problems, designing GLAM Pdfs or leaflets, speaking at conferences. This list does not include volunteers categorising GLAM files or illustrating Wikipedia with content from GLAM institutions):
- National Library of Poland -- TR, Yarl
- Museum of Łódź -- Ented
- Regional Institute of Culture in Katowice -- EwkaC, WTM, Eduardschnack, Yarl
- Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw -- Stupa1989, TR
- Ethno-Wiki projects -- Klarqa
- Art+Feminism -- Polimerek
- GLAM materials -- Gytha, Nostrix
Total number of Wikimedian volunteers actively involved in organising GLAM activities: 12.
GOALS and outcomes
|Goal||Status and description||Progress|
|Minimum 10 000 files from across all GLAM partnerships to be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons by the end of 2018||90 % completed. Large uploads from the National Archives, The National Library of Poland. Other uploads are conducted by smaller institutions (mainly museums) in a variety of regions. Approximately 9100 files from GLAM collections were uploaded since January 2018.||90%|
|At least 10 GLAM workshops in 2018||140 % completed. We conducted 14 GLAM workshops in different locations across the country.||140%|
|At least 40 registered users||187.5 % completed. 75 users have registered. See list of users.||187%|
|At least 100 new Wikipedia articles written within GLAM projects||40 new articles were written and around 30 extended by 100 percent of their original length or considerably more. Additionally, several hundred articles had references, illustrations, and external links added through the National Library effort.||Around 60%|