I am a history student in Athens, widely interested in Wikipedia, politics, history, geography with aspirations for becoming a university professor. Deeply interested in social subjects and the Wikimedia movement. I am an active participant of the students' movement in Greece, participating in protests and electoral processes inside the university. My other hobbies include photography, reading, and walking. I am also an admin in Greek Wikipedia (verify), although I think that it's rather responsibilities than rights that you get if you become an admin. Linguistic skills: Native language Greek, English as semi-native language, basic German and a few grasp, although learning now, of Russian.
I love to write in Greek and other Wikipedias. I also participate in WMUG Greece as a member, and try to promote Wikipedia. I also work for the betterment of Greek Wikipedia by organising meetups, improving pages, and helping the users to find their path on the project. I have wrote 7,600 articles in Greek, some fifty in English, I edit Wikimedia Commons and add photos there, also doing some patrolling work from time to time in other Wikipedias. I am heavily interested on Wikipedia statistics. I have a dream: To see the developing world's Wikipedias in par with the ones of the developed world. So I collaborate for this with Wikipedians from abroad. For the history, I began to contribute in 2013 in Greek (when I was nine years old), but only periodically until November 2016, when I pernamently began to contribute there. For the next 12 months I have a target to buy my first camera to upload better photos for Wikimedia Commons (phone takes some good photos but camera works better in terms of quality) and organise my first Wikipedia offline activity, which took place in November 2023. In 2018 I had worked a lot in Translatewiki and translated more than 12,000 messages, although now I rarely contributed. I am also involved in the CEE Youth Group, Wiki for Minorities and now I do research and work for new projects of Greek Wikispace.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com (use any of the two, however the latter is the most used, and that registered with my account; there I receive all Wikimedia movement related mail, so I look the latter more)
- Meta: NikosLikomitros
- Greek Wikipedia: NikosLikomitros
- English Wikipedia: NikosLikomitros
- Commons Wikipedia: NikosLikomitros
- Telegram: t.me/nlikomitros
Wikimedia events attended/will attend
- CEE Youth Group Meeting in Prague, Czechia (24-26 November 2023)
- I hope to attend Wikimania 2024 in Katowice, Poland and Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2024 in Istanbul, Turkey for now.
You can get a brief introduction of myself: here, once you go in slide 20 and install the slide to see my brief introduction video, my brief introduction during CEE Youth Group presentation in CEE Meeting 2023, Tbilisi (photo here). I couldn't attend due to a reexamination of a tough course in university.
- Brief online speech in Viki Kadam which took place in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (19 November 2023) via online connection, together with Barbara Klen, which presented the CEE Hub. I spoke about the movement, it's importance and CEE Youth Group as most attendees were young people. It was done as one of the hosts offered the opportunity to CEE Youth Group members to come and say hi to the attendees during CEE Hub presentation.
- I support Wikivibrance, and I am one of the key members in Wiki for Minorities, member of the organising team in the conference project. I am also member of the organiser team in CEE Spring contest, the flagship editathon of CEE Wikipedias and one of the most significant editathons in global scale. Furthermore, I am involved in various things within the movement, particularly those youth-related and I aspire to help the Greek community to grow internally and get a better role in the Wikimedia movement in the long term.
- 20 χρόνια Βικιπαίδεια: Ο λόγος στους συντάκτες που την κρατούν ζωντανή (translated: 20 years of [Greek] Wikipedia: Let's talk with the editors who keep it alive] (5.2.2023), "K" magazine, which is the Sunday supplement of Kathimerini, leading newspaper in Greece. (in Greek)
- Statistic review of 2020 in Greek Wikipedia, shown in many national websites such as there. (January 2021)
- In the 2018 article of Amir E. Aharoni (Amire80) for the International Translation Day (30.9.2018), there is a small reference of myself.
Written by me for the Wikimedia blog
- Ukrainian Wikipedia: A review of the pageviews of a thriving project for Ukrainian Wikipedia (24.2.2023). Research article, with a lot of interesting information provided by Yuriy Perohanych, from Ukrainian Wikipedia.
- Interview with Volha Sitnik (14.3.2023), taken in 27 February 2023. I plan to interview more Belarusian and other Wikipedians in the near future.
- The generation of WikiStipendiya: an interview with Uzbek Wikipedians (11.7.2023)
- Introducing the Karakalpak Wikipedia, a new, developing project (6.10.2023)
- CEE Youth Group Meeting in Prague, 2023 – my first international Wikimedia gathering (5.12.2023)
- Introducing Wiki for Minorities with Igallards7 and others (18.1.2024)
- More things to come in the future, particularly interviews and other statistical analysis. I focus on Wikipedias of the developing world and other projects so that we can meet passionate Wikimedians who work tirelessly to promote their language, thus advancing Decolonisation of knowledge, which I support wholeheartedly.